The XW Bashing Continues

AlenK

I found this while searching for discussions about the CT-X series. Most of the thread actually talks about the XW synths:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1199129-new-casio-ctx-series.html

It's gearslutz, populated by spotty-bottomed juvenile thinkers, but it's instructive to listen to all criticism whatever the source. In this case I think Diametro didn't give his XW-P1 enough effort. He evidently can't even count knobs and sliders properly (there are actually five knobs - one is for volume - not four, and there are nine sliders not twelve).

He does specifically mention the USB not working properly but failed to elaborate on that when asked. Has anyone here had a problem with the USB on their XW? 

• Like 1

USB midi? No.......he probably didn't bother to even look at the options for using both USB and DIN midi ports. here's the thing.....(I think Howie Mandel used to say that before a bad joke) the more time I actually play and study the XW-P1, despite the plasticky construct and weird colors I can't give it up. because as I compare it to....

1) Roland PMA-5

2) Roland MC-505

3) Yamaha RM1X

4) 25-key Alesis Q25, Korg K25, Edirol PCR-M1 hooked up to anything)

5) Yamaha SY77 I've played for years (have gone through 3)

6) Ensoniq TS-12-MR-76 and KS-32 also years in

7) Generalmusic Equinox, SK76 and S3 turbo

8) Korg DW-6000, Dw-8000 and DSS-1 (I learned sampling on this monstrosity)

9) Yamaha FB-01, Roland MT-32 and SC-33 Sound Canvas

10) Sequential Circuits Pro-One (boy I should have kept that one since they're selling on eBay for 2-3000 bucks but it had a sucky keyboard and triggered whenever it felt like plus the oscillators perpetually went out of tune just for the heck of it-why anybody would want one i have no idea, and it sounded pretty bad and I think they got the knobs from Radio shack which I could have lived with but the pots had plastic shafts)

11) Kurzweil RG-200 (first digital piano) 

12) Roland W30 sampler

13) Played but never owned (think god I missed these high maintenance monsters) Hammond B3, C3, Wurlitzer tine piano and  Fender Rhodes and Fender bass keyboard and school Steinways (I tried taking one home in my old Chevy long  van I used for hauling many music things but security was pretty tight and I was the music dept. student rep so I didn't think that would go over too well, plus it wouldn't fit in the van without some carpenter tools I had left home). :huh:

14 Old Farfisa organ which I decided to pass on-another stupid decision based on what these sell for now-had the weirdest keyboard construction I'd ever seen.

and........

12) at least 10 different Casios including the PX350, PX575, 3 CZs, 2 SKs and others I can't even remember anymore

I still like the XW-P1.  Thank you. :beer:

You can visit me at the old musician's home in Florida near Boca Vista,  please cards and letters only, no money, they won't let me keep it. :P      :banghead:

• Like 3