Shadows guitar tones

Muso7

Hi Guys

Loving this MZ – have just attempted my first sampled “tone”.

I have created the Fender Strat sound of  “the Shadows” (Hank Marvin) – for any of you old enough to remember them ;)

I have placed them in the download areas for the MZ and hope you find it useful but more importantly would love to know if I’ve done it OK – still have a lot to learn.

I used the SampleManager software and it worked brilliantly – loaded note samples C & G from C2 to G5 – dropped the final Tone one octave.

I have uploaded 3 Tones in the MZ-X>>MZ-X500 Downloads section:-

“Hank1.ZTN”  - full sample (10MB)

“HankTrem.ZTN” same sample as Hank1 but uses “Tremolo” effect (10MB)

“HankMute.ZTN” – uses internal tone

Now here are a couple of questions (please):-

1. I am assuming that by loading Hank1 (10MB) and HankTrem (10MB) that the SAME samples, are loaded twice – if so then this is inefficient and might be better to load Hank1 and then edit it with Tremolo effect added and save a second Tone rather than load HankTrem

2. Is there a way I can see how much sample space is remaining (sorry if it’s in the manual!!!) (EDIT: found that one!!)

Thanks

Pete :)

Edited by Muso7
update
  • Thanks 2

Ah!!! Thanks for confirming Brad - thought as much  - I will update them with appropriate descriptions too

(So if I load a sampled Tone and then edit it (e.g. change effects etc...) and then save it as a new Tone will that also copy the sample or will it share the sample?)

Cheers

Pete :)