Video Files on Forum ×

powertrader

Is it possible to create a tone using different oscillators and saving it so it may be used on more than one note at a time?  As in a chord or in multiple zones or both?  I am the world's slowest learner and admit that I do not understand much about programming tones and getting the most of them.

Appreciate help.

Geoff the PowerTrader

Sorry to disagree but it is possible in a limited sense, i.e., duophonic operation with two oscillators playing different pitches and using their own amplitude envelopes. One oscillator must be of the Synth type and both end up going through the Total Fiiter, of course, so its envelope is common to both pitches. The technique is based on a trick but it does work as long as you keep things simple. See here.

It's also possible to create "one key chords" in the solo synth using the pitch parameter of each oscillator to produce the desired intervals. With four oscillators available, three note and four note chords can be produced.

This is the G1 forum, so don't forget the sampler which plays polyphonically. You can create a tone in the solo synth and sample it. This is less effective if any modulation is added to the tone, e.g., a filter sweep, because the modulation will play back at different speeds when the sampler shifts the pitch of each note.