CT-X700 vs CT-X800 ?

Casiokid

Hmm this is an odd one. I don't think we have enough details perhaps? The CT-X800 from the details available looks to have a slightly different cosmetic appearance and very little in the way of functionality difference between the X700... From what i can also discern, the X800 is not stocked and sold in the UK, although you can import it from BAX for £260. The X700 are taking pre-orders at UK music shops at £209. Where the additional £51 in price comes from at this stage other than what you mentioned? :idk:

Why is there even a CT-X800 model? The CT-X3000 is just £30 more expensive in the UK (and features more bang for you buck at that price), so its an assumption that the margin is equally small in other economies and areas. If it was for emerging markets fine, but the X800 seems to be available across Europe in an number of stockists in Germany and the Netherlands. This is not a complaint, more an observation. The CT-X700 i totally get. The CT-X800 at £50-60 more expensive for a pitch bend and USB flash drive doesn't make sense. The features of the X3000 with its extra polyphony, more tones, 17 track sequencer, more powerful speakers and other features for £30 more than the X800 surely render the x800 a poor deal compared to the other line up?

• 2 months later...

I'm just gonna go ahead and get the CT-X5000.
All this nickel and diming between the models gets confusing AND exhausting in a hurry.
Or put this way. $500 for a board that has an excellent sound engine, to BEGIN with, is a much better deal than I've ever seen in the past.

And THAT means from EVERYONE!