Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 "Delisted" from Amazon.com

AlenK

• 2 years later...

people are critical of this thing on here, but for the price it is the perfect synth for those that don't want to spend 1 to 2 thousand on say a NORD or something, or a motif. I think it is/was a great little secret synth. plus I got mine on payments so it wasn't a big hit to my wallet

I have several much more expensive "pro" keyboards and modules-but every time I start working with the XW, and think about giving it up, its still a pretty unique piece of equipment for music making, loops, patterns, the hex layers-just requires a bit more user interaction-its a different approach to controlling sound performance and creation-less static and more "fluid". Looks like the MZ-X500 is a bit of an extension of the XW concept, but with an auto-arranger and  sound system. Also like my older MC-505, but with much better sounds, in that I need to interact with the controls more to go from function to function. Someday this may end up as the CZs are now once Casio dropped production of those-more valuable over time as it becomes harder to get.