MZX Series Manuals Combined

Rick Stirling

I got really tired of searching through 5 different manuals when trying to look up something, so I concatenated them into one PDF file. You can search all 5 files at once. ;-)

Combined Manuals

Included:

Web_MZX500_300-ES-1A_EN.pdf  (USERS GUIDE BASICS)

Web_MZX500_300-E-2A_EN.pdf (USERS GUIDE TUTORIAL)

Web_MZX500APPEND-140-WL-1A_EN.pdf (APPENDIX)

MZX_midi_imple_EN.pdf (MIDI IMPLEMENTATION)

Web_MZX500_300-150-E-1A_EN.pdf (FIRMWARE VERSION 1.50 USERS GUIDE)

Note: Casio has used the same page numbers across all their manuals, so for example you will find two EN-22 pages, one in 

Web_MZX500_300-ES-1A_EN.pdf and the other in Web_MZX500_300-E-2A_EN.pdf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks for your help Rick. I've split your post into another topic so anyone can reply to this if they want to add anything..  I've added a link to this topic in the pinned post.  I've locked that thread so it doesn't turn into a discussion thread, becoming unorganized.   

Thank you Brad!

Thanks Rick, anything to make it easier to find info!

So when you do a search it simply shows all the results, some of them showing potentially multiples of a same page number.  That’s cool, the important thing is having it all show up in one search.  

But when i tried to add it to iBooks, it didn’t give me that option.  I normally just tap the top of the page of a file downloaded in a web page, and iOS gives me the option to open it in iBooks.  Compared to scrolling up and down, i find iBooks approach to be faster and more intuitive.  Any clues how to do this?

Thanks again, 

Randy

2 hours ago, AlenK said:

For the record I was able to import it into iBooks on a 4th gen 64GB iPad running 10.3.3. Mind you, ever since I did the last software update importing a PDF into iBooks takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r. 

Thank you Alen! By the way, I downloaded your "The XW-P1 Companion" and have been reading it cover to cover. Excellent work!!! KUDOS!!!

12 hours ago, Rick Sterling said:

Thank you Alen! By the way, I downloaded your "The XW-P1 Companion" and have been reading it cover to cover. Excellent work!!! KUDOS!!!

Thanks. But am I correct in assuming that you don't even HAVE an XW?  That's brave of you. :)

On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, Rick Sterling said:

Combined Manuals

Included:

Web_MZX500_300-150-E-1A_EN.pdf (FIRMWARE VERSION 1.50 USERS GUIDE)

Thanks, Rick.  Very helpful.

1) Where do I find the "standalone" version of the 1.5 version users guide.  I checked the Casio Support website and it only had up to 1.4

2) I would like a Excel or Numbers (preferred) spreadsheet of all the Appendix Lists so that I can sort or rearrange them in any order.  Basically sorting the Appendices:  Tone List, Versatile Tone List, Rhythm List, Music Preset List, Arpeggio Type List, Wave List, (Hex Layer & Bass Synth), Wave List, and Pad Bank List.  

1 minute ago, Tson said:

Thanks, Rick.  Very helpful.

1) Where do I find the "standalone" version of the 1.5 version users guide.  I checked the Casio Support website and it only had up to 1.4

2) I would like a Excel or Numbers (preferred) spreadsheet of all the Appendix Lists so that I can sort or rearrange them in any order.  Basically sorting the Appendices:  Tone List, Versatile Tone List, Rhythm List, Music Preset List, Arpeggio Type List, Wave List, (Hex Layer & Bass Synth), Wave List, and Pad Bank List.  

That's the FIRMWARE 1.5 Users Guide.

You can copy data from the PDF to a spreadsheet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys and gals,

l’m Pete and I just got an MZX 500.  I’m trying to get familiar with it. Can anyone point me to the updated pdf with firmware 1.60 included?  The page Rick Stirling hyperlinked to showed a 404 message.  Thx for your help.  I’ve got a few questions about this beast, but I’ll create a topic for that.

Pete

13 minutes ago, PeteT said:

Hi guys and gals,

l’m Pete and I just got an MZX 500.  I’m trying to get familiar with it. Can anyone point me to the updated pdf with firmware 1.60 included?  The page Rick Stirling hyperlinked to showed a 404 message.  Thx for your help.  I’ve got a few questions about this beast, but I’ll create a topic for that.

Pete

Hi Pete.  Congrats on your MZ-X500!  I have every manual linked to official downloads from Casio in this post here.  The firmware update manuals are there as well.  

• Thanks 1