Jump to content
Rick Sterling

MZX Series Manuals Combined

Recommended Posts

I got really tired of searching through 5 different manuals when trying to look up something, so I concatenated then into one PDF file. You can search all 5 files at once. ;-)

 

Combined Manuals

 

Included:

Web_MZX500_300-ES-1A_EN.pdf  (USERS GUIDE BASICS)

Web_MZX500_300-E-2A_EN.pdf (USERS GUIDE TUTORIAL)

Web_MZX500APPEND-140-WL-1A_EN.pdf (APPENDIX)

MZX_midi_imple_EN.pdf (MIDI IMPLEMENTATION)

Web_MZX500_300-150-E-1A_EN.pdf (FIRMWARE VERSION 1.50 USERS GUIDE)

 

Note: Casio has used the same page numbers across all their manuals, so for example you will find two EN-22 pages, one in 

Web_MZX500_300-ES-1A_EN.pdf and the other in Web_MZX500_300-E-2A_EN.pdf.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help Rick. I've split your post into another topic so anyone can reply to this if they want to add anything..  I've added a link to this topic in the pinned post.  I've locked that thread so it doesn't turn into a discussion thread, becoming unorganized.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks for your help Rick. I've split your post into another topic so anyone can reply to this if they want to add anything..  I've added a link to this topic in the pinned post.  I've locked that thread so it doesn't turn into a discussion thread, becoming unorganized.   

 

Thank you Brad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Rick, anything to make it easier to find info!

 

So when you do a search it simply shows all the results, some of them showing potentially multiples of a same page number.  That’s cool, the important thing is having it all show up in one search.  

 

But when i tried to add it to iBooks, it didn’t give me that option.  I normally just tap the top of the page of a file downloaded in a web page, and iOS gives me the option to open it in iBooks.  Compared to scrolling up and down, i find iBooks approach to be faster and more intuitive.  Any clues how to do this?

 

Thanks again, 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Randy. I'll get my iPad out of moth balls and see if I can find out what's going on. The file is a plain PDF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Sterling said:

Not sure Randy. I'll get my iPad out of moth balls and see if I can find out what's going on. The file is a plain PDF.

 

 

I was able to successfully open the document in iBooks on my iPad 2 running iOS 9.3.5. Your mileage may vary. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record I was able to import it into iBooks on a 4th gen 64GB iPad running 10.3.3. Mind you, ever since I did the last software update importing a PDF into iBooks takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlenK said:

For the record I was able to import it into iBooks on a 4th gen 64GB iPad running 10.3.3. Mind you, ever since I did the last software update importing a PDF into iBooks takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r. 

 

Thank you Alen! By the way, I downloaded your "The XW-P1 Companion" and have been reading it cover to cover. Excellent work!!! KUDOS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rick Sterling said:

Thank you Alen! By the way, I downloaded your "The XW-P1 Companion" and have been reading it cover to cover. Excellent work!!! KUDOS!!!

 

Thanks. But am I correct in assuming that you don't even HAVE an XW?  That's brave of you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AlenK said:

 

Thanks. But am I correct in assuming that you don't even HAVE an XW?  That's brave of you. :)

 

You never know, I may add one to my collection while they're still available. $499 at Zzounds! ;-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, Rick Sterling said:

Combined Manuals

Included:

.......

Web_MZX500_300-150-E-1A_EN.pdf (FIRMWARE VERSION 1.50 USERS GUIDE)

 

Thanks, Rick.  Very helpful.

 

1) Where do I find the "standalone" version of the 1.5 version users guide.  I checked the Casio Support website and it only had up to 1.4

 

2) I would like a Excel or Numbers (preferred) spreadsheet of all the Appendix Lists so that I can sort or rearrange them in any order.  Basically sorting the Appendices:  Tone List, Versatile Tone List, Rhythm List, Music Preset List, Arpeggio Type List, Wave List, (Hex Layer & Bass Synth), Wave List, and Pad Bank List.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tson said:

 

Thanks, Rick.  Very helpful.

 

1) Where do I find the "standalone" version of the 1.5 version users guide.  I checked the Casio Support website and it only had up to 1.4

 

2) I would like a Excel or Numbers (preferred) spreadsheet of all the Appendix Lists so that I can sort or rearrange them in any order.  Basically sorting the Appendices:  Tone List, Versatile Tone List, Rhythm List, Music Preset List, Arpeggio Type List, Wave List, (Hex Layer & Bass Synth), Wave List, and Pad Bank List.  

 

That's the FIRMWARE 1.5 Users Guide.

 

You can copy data from the PDF to a spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×