CTX-700 demo posted by Mike Martin

Casiofun

I'm seriously impressed by that piano sound, Genos who? :D

The drums are also really impressive, my Tyros has good drum sounds, but finally on this machine a drumkit sounds like a drumkit and not like some compressed whacking.

The only thing that i'm concerned about is the styles. We all know that Casio is pretty lacking in the styles department apart from the Latin styles and World styles and now the EDM styles. Stuff like Ballads, 8 Beat, R&B and Rock sounds pretty lifeless, like i said earlier in a post, Yamaha's from 20-25 years ago sound more realistic on those styles than the Casio CTK/WK line, and it says something that an amateur musician can create better rythms than the programmers..

So i was hoping that the're going to be much improved! The CT-X5000 (Which i still want a demonstration of!) Is going to be out here in Holland in May if i'm correct? And that'll be the time that i have one! 

The CT-X700 is an incredible machine, not just for the money, but overall, this thing just craps all over the Roland GO stuff and the E series by Yamaha, NOW it's Yamaha that has to step up their game against Casio, and NOT the otherway around.

I thought i'd never say it again after the MZ-2000, but Casio is making me proud! :D

I don't usually watch unboxing videos because, what's the point? But Mike is such a natural that he can make anything entertaining. And this was entertaining. As always with Mike's videos there was just the right mix of talking and playing. 

Yeah, the CT-X700 is a bargain. It is proof that Casio's engineers can achieve great things when they put their noses to the grindstone (as if we didn't already have evidence of that). So then, Casio engineers, put your attention to some new pro keyboards. I want to give Casio some money. 

Genius video and product on so many levels.  Why would any keyboard player not want one of these?  If all you did was play the grand piano sound or EP as a portable jam session instrument, it's well worth the low price.  But it has way more than that for being creative beyond belief.  You could hook this up to a DAW and lay down some really impressive recordings with this.  And, portamento at $175.....wow.

Im really looking forward to getting my hands on a CT-X5000 to try, as i need them few extra bells and whistles. These sounds at these prices is insane. I own a WK-7600 and you can make many of the sounds better with tweaking but the CT-X series out of the box just blows it away...

The CT-X 700 sounds leaps and bounds over the WK 7600 and CTK 7200. I remember being hooked on the old WK 3000 series boards with the ZPI sound source which I thought were great at the time. The patches that sound noticeably better are the piano. electric piano, strings and drums. It seems they are starting to update some of the rhythms and accompaniment. There really is a lot on this for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more audio demos

https://soundcloud.com/casiomusicgear/sets/ct-x700-ct-x800-tone-demonstration

(Oops !  these demos have already been posted on the forum !)

I think Casio will make quite a hit with this X series. Yamaha is going to suffer from the comparison.

An exemple: Psr E-453 vs  CT-X700 which in Europe cost the same price. From the few demos available the Casio sounds much better !

Audio demos from Poland:

Ok, I could go on again about missing keys - would have liked 76 of them -, then again: I have a small setup using a Korg MicroKey keyboard with 61 keys together with a tablet or smartphone. But imagine this: even the cheaper version costs around 140 bucks. Hmmm ... tempting to replace that setup. ;-)

EDIT: Oh my, in Germany it costs €249 ($311). That is steep compared with the $179 mentioned for the US.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:41 AM, BradgeMusicTube said:

I'm seriously impressed by that piano sound, Genos who? :D

The drums are also really impressive, my Tyros has good drum sounds, but finally on this machine a drumkit sounds like a drumkit and not like some compressed whacking.

The only thing that i'm concerned about is the styles. We all know that Casio is pretty lacking in the styles department apart from the Latin styles and World styles and now the EDM styles. Stuff like Ballads, 8 Beat, R&B and Rock sounds pretty lifeless, like i said earlier in a post, Yamaha's from 20-25 years ago sound more realistic on those styles than the Casio CTK/WK line, and it says something that an amateur musician can create better rythms than the programmers..

So i was hoping that the're going to be much improved! The CT-X5000 (Which i still want a demonstration of!) Is going to be out here in Holland in May if i'm correct? And that'll be the time that i have one! 

The CT-X700 is an incredible machine, not just for the money, but overall, this thing just craps all over the Roland GO stuff and the E series by Yamaha, NOW it's Yamaha that has to step up their game against Casio, and NOT the otherway around.

I thought i'd never say it again after the MZ-2000, but Casio is making me proud! :D

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2018 at 4:27 AM, Casiofun said:

Mike Martin just posted this demo of the CTX-700. These are already shipping and available for purchase.

Hi Mike can you help I have a CT X700  I'm trying to split when I click split it won't let me enter another tone . matthewlamingphotography@hotmail.com      Thanks

On 2/6/2018 at 4:27 AM, Casiofun said:

Hi Mike3 

• 3 months later...

Hello Mike. I wanted to ask you before buying the CT X880 keyboard, if you can create patches from existing presets, creating new ones.

That is, I need to have on the keyboard about twenty presets in sequence, with the timbres that I should use more frequently in live to be able to quickly recall them quickly. Thank you so much as always.

Andrea di Torino.

5 hours ago, andreastar said:

Hello Mike. I wanted to ask you before buying the CT X880 keyboard, if you can create patches from existing presets, creating new ones.

That is, I need to have on the keyboard about twenty presets in sequence, with the timbres that I should use more frequently in live to be able to quickly recall them quickly. Thank you so much as always.

Andrea di Torino.

You can not edit tones on the CT-X800, it is identical to the CT-X700 in this regard.  You can create your own unique layers & splits and store these as registrations. These are what you use to get to tones quickly. 

Hi, is there any chance that the CT-X700/800 would be fixed in a future OS update so that it would eventually be possible to adjust the relative volumes (balance) or the Upper 1, Upper 2 and Split voices? As for now it is not possible, which is a very serious flaw in an otherwise nice keyboard. Thanks.

Vinciane

7 hours ago, Mike Martin said:

You can not edit tones on the CT-X800, it is identical to the CT-X700 in this regard.  You can create your own unique layers & splits and store these as registrations. These are what you use to get to tones quickly. 

Thank you so much Mike. You are very kind. Are you telling me that you can store them in an external usb stick and quickly recall them? ... or insert them into songs or recordings from the internal sequencer?

1 hour ago, andreastar said:

Thank you so much Mike. You are very kind. Are you telling me that you can store them in an external usb stick and quickly recall them? ... or insert them into songs or recordings from the internal sequencer?

There are registration buttons on the keyboard.  Simply chose the tones and setup the keyboard how you want, hold the store button while pressing a registration button.  Your entire setup will be stored on that button. Change your tones and repeat to create other registrations.