Video Files on Forum ×

Assignable pedal

dashreeve

I know the assignable pedal can control many things and is most often used to control "expression", but can I set it to control the start / stop for the rhythm? I went into the pedal options and most of the options are labeled with values that I don't understand. Are one of those values the start / stop button?

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to do that. Mind you, a MIDI implementation document has not been released for the PX-560 so there's no way to be absolutely certain there is no support for this by way of a MIDI command (e.g., NRPN). But the 560's MIDI implementation is likely to be somewhere "between" the MIDI implementations of the PX-5S and the MZ-X500.

As it turns out, the MZ-X500 explicitly supports what you want to do by way of a "Rhythm S/S" function for a foot-pedal. But that doesn't help you, does it? Another thing that won't help: The PX-5S has "Song Str/Stp," "Phrase Str/Stp" and even "Audio Str/Stp" functions that are assignable to a foot-pedal (the PX-5S, of course, doesn't have accompaniment rhythms). The PX-560 has NONE of these. You might call that an oversight. If you did I would tend to agree. But that's hardly the only thing Casio apparently overlooked on the PX-560.