Video Files on Forum ×

MZX500 IS AMAZING NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY

brownysweet

Listen up all keyboard bashers out there. The MZX500 is like a pure breed beast waiting to be tamed to show what it is capable of. People just try factory presets and are lazy to start tweaking sounds. I HAVE TAMED THE BEAST AND THE RESULTS ARE SPECTACULAR. Stop bashing such a brilliant product. 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, brownysweet said:

Listen up all keyboard bashers out there. The MZX500 is like a pure breed beast waiting to be tamed to show what it is capable of. People just try factory presets and are lazy to start tweaking sounds. I HAVE TAMED THE BEAST AND THE RESULTS ARE SPECTACULAR. Stop bashing such a brilliant product. 

So what did it take to tame the beast?

How are you using it?

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

So what did it take to tame the beast?

I'm curious too!

Fwiw, the concerns I've raised in other threads have to do with the support and ongoing commitment of Casio to these keyboards. Lots of us love the MZs, and wish only to be able to understand all the many features -- and look to Casio to help illuminate us. That's not bashing! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned many Pro keyboards over the years and the Casio MZ compete's with anything on the market once you understand the many possibilities this Keyboard has to offer in this price range.The ability to load in sample wav's and use the built in DSP etc.is a huge plus for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, while this is an awesome board overall, the lack of more than 2 DSPs/insert effects makes it challenging to work with sometimes

For my purposes i don’t need DSP on the accompaniment side of things, just the 4 Tones, and having to re-assign the 2d DSP so it WILL work with the Tones is a hassle.  But even more so, you save the DSP fx assignments to a Tone, and then you have to choose with each registration which 2 of the 4 Tones gets DSP.

On the other hand, the quality of the delay, chorus and reverb are really good, and that of course goes a long ways.

Every board has its limitations for a given price point, and overall the X500 hits it out of the park.

Randy

Yes, I only have the MZ-X300 but it's a great instrument.  I also have a Yamaha PSR-E453 and there is only one DSP for all the parts. I have looked at the PSR-S670 manual  (this instrument is Yamaha's equivalent to the MZ-X300) : it has 4 DSP but only 2 master FX (Reverb and Chorus).

In all these keyboards, the use of the DSPs is a nightmare, because selecting a voice with DSP will break another selected voice that use the same DSP line, but with a diiferent setting....

I think I will reserve a DSP for the external entries, and the other for the guitar solo.

It's nice that the Casios have a third master FX (delay) because I have always used the delay as a send FX when working with DAWs.

Don't know why there is such a limitation on DSP in these keyboards because a little Android app like Caustic is able to have 2 send FX (reverb and delay),  2 master FX (EQ and Limiter) plus 2 insert FX by machine (up to 14 machines) : 32 DSPs, and you can add other FX in the modular machine...

• 2 weeks later...

Concordo com os elogios feitos ao Teclado MZ X500 . Para quem está na dúvida em adquirir este equipamento,  pode comprar "sem medo" , pois ele tem recursos incríveis , só não gostei da qualidade das teclas nas regiões entre "C4 e C5" , pois fazem um pouco de barulho de plástico ao serem tangidas " fora isso , recomendo aos que gostam de se debruçar sobre os  tons de fábrica e melhorá-los com ajustes personalizados .

27 minutes ago, Hilton said:

Concordo com os elogios feitos ao Teclado MZ X500 . Para quem está na dúvida em adquirir este equipamento,  pode comprar "sem medo" , pois ele tem recursos incríveis , só não gostei da qualidade das teclas nas regiões entre "C4 e C5" , pois fazem um pouco de barulho de plástico ao serem tangidas " fora isso , recomendo aos que gostam de se debruçar sobre os  tons de fábrica e melhorá-los com ajustes personalizados .

What?

• 1 year later...

Yep!! Hilton says (hope I'm correct!!):-

I agree with the compliments made to the MZ X500 Keyboard. For those who are in doubt about purchasing this equipment, you can buy "without fear", because it has incredible features, I just didn't like the quality of the keys in the regions between "C4 and C5", as they make a little plastic noise when they are touched "other than that, I recommend it to those who like to focus on factory tones and improve them with personalized adjustments

😀

Hmmm I had some key noise which a few of us have reported and Casio replaced my keyboard - now it is super quiet....

Cheers

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Yo mire por precio:

korg pa 700

Roland ea7

Yamaha psr s 750

Casio mzx500

Casio mzx500 que lo encontre en oferta y luego de leer mucho en este foro sobre el y su antecesor casio Mz2000 decidí comprar el casio Mzx500 por la funcion de exlayer y sintetizador y sonidos para lograr hacer los sonidos a mi gusto y cada ves ir puliéndolos, cree mis propias trompetas y trombones, y lista de drum kits con el orden a mi necesidad y sonidos editados a mi gusto, para que luego al poner un estilos del teclado de otra marca como yamaha Roland lo lea con mas facilidad.

Encontre el casio Mzx 500 con el cual para tocar en directo luego de haber editado todo a mi necesidad tengo un workstation fabuloso.

Aunque si los iconos midi y icono mp3, ambos pudieran leer mp3 y midis seria mucho mejor para que mientras suene un mp3 pueda buscar en el otro icono y en otra carpeta el mp3 siguiente a sonar.

Si saliera un Mzx con polifonia de 256 con un mejor poder de sonido con mas variedad de sonidos de vientos en saxos, trombones y trompetas como mi roland gw8 seria lo máximo.

Si tubiera las barras de organo el poder de modular los sonidos como el casio xwg1 para los sintetizador brass seria aun mas fenomenal.

Con un solo parlante a la izquierda me parese suficiente, para que le agreguen funciones mas directas a la derecha del teclado.

Yamaha tiene mucho publico que sube videos de musica electronica, dance, techno, eurodance, que cada vez cambian de teclados y son compradores numero 1 pues hasta les ofresen expansiones de estilos bien logrados en sus paginas gratis

I look for price:

korg pa 700

Roland ea7

Yamaha psr s 750

Casio Mzx500.

Casio Mzx500 I found it on offer and after reading a lot in this forum about it and its predecessor casio Mz2000 I decided to buy the casio Mzx500 for the function of exlayer and synthesizer and sounds to achieve the sounds to my liking and each time go polishing them, believe my own trumpets and trombones, and list of drum kits with the order to my need and sounds edited to my liking, so that when I put a keyboard style from another brand like yamaha Roland, I can read it more easily.

I found the casio Mzx 500 with which to play live after having edited everything to my need I have a fabulous workstation.

Although if the midi icons and mp3 icon, both could read mp3 and midis, it would be much better so that while an mp3 is playing, you can search in the other icon and in another folder for the next mp3 to play.

If a Mzx with 256 polyphony came out with a better sound power with more variety of sounds of winds in saxes, trombones and trumpets like my roland gw8 it would be the maximum.

If I had the organ bars the power to modulate sounds like the casio xwg1 for brass synthesizers would be even more phenomenal.

With a single speaker on the left I stopped enough to add more direct functions to the right of the keyboard.

Yamaha has a large audience that uploads videos of electronic music, dance, techno, eurodance, which change keyboards every time and are number 1 buyers because they even offer expansions of well-made styles in their free pages

• Like 1