Is it possible a hex layer tone was saved with the wrong name?

dc2k

I was editing the stage setting called "On The Run" today.  

Mike made it so you could play Pink Floyd's track of the same name:  

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/12-on-the-run/

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/544-px-5s-pink-floyds-on-the-run/

I wanted to see how Mike made it and was checking out the helicopter part.  

He used three layers of a hex tone with an LFO on the filter, some pitch envelopes and dynamic panning. 

However one of the three hex layer tones (the middle one) is SawtothWave1.  

It sounded very much like white noise though and acted like it — no matter what note you press, it sounds the same.  

So I wondered how that was done.  The Keyfollow setting was all normal. 

"init by wave" was off so I changed the wave to something else and then changed it back to SawtothWave1 and this time it did sound like SawtothWave1.

Then I changed the hex layer tone to white noise and it sounded like it did originally.  

So I was wondering: 

Is it possible that the hex layer tone was saved with the wrong name some how and it is the white noise wave but for some reason it's called SawtothWave1?

I attached a hex layer tone with just the helicopter part so you can check it out. 

helicopter.ZLT

Some new waves were added in a firmware update early on, changing the list of waves by number.  It's likely related to that.  The wave number which was white noise is probably now the number for sawtooth, causing the name to display incorrectly but still sound like the original design with white noise.  It's been years since I looked at the old list compared to the new, so that's my best recollection.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brad said:

Some new waves were added in a firmware update early on, changing the list of waves by number.  It's likely related to that.  The wave number which was white noise is probably now the number for sawtooth, causing the name to display incorrectly but still sound like the original design with white noise.  It's been years since I looked at the old list compared to the new, so that's my best recollection.  

Ah, thanks Brad. I'll keep that in mind when I'm playing with other stage settings.