Video Files on Forum ×

560 keybed reliability

Doch88

Anyone using the 560 a lot at home or for professional use and can report on the reliability of the keyboard mechanics of the 560? I've learned the action is different than the PX3, a "v2" of it is my understanding, but wondering how much different it is really mechanically/reliably wise.

The reason I ask is many years ago I bought a brand new PX3 and my experience was I had problems with the contacts in several keys over time not to long after I owned the PX3 and eventually stopped using it within the 1st year I owned it. As I recall after a few keys were fixed/ the tech told me the sensor contacts if I recall correctly were going bad, the tech even replaced the entire keyboard at one point as I recall and shortly after that I still had the same issue so I gave up at that point/stopped using it.  I play out professionally and need reliability as all else doesn't matter if I can't have that.

Thanks for any insight!

I've had my 560 since Dec 2015 and play it almost every day and use it in my church worship service and gigs from time to time.  So far no problem at all with the keys! 

I've only had one issue - I had an outside gig and the sun was very hot that day - tip - always keep it in the keyboard in the  shade.  If the touch display gets too hot it stops working.

I had to power cycle the keyboard and it was back to normal after that

I believe the keyboard (AKA "keybed," which is technically and traditionally only the part under the keys - see here) in the 560 is exactly the same as the one in the PX-5S. If I am correct then you would find value in answers from PX-5S owners who regularly gig with theirs. A few of them participate in the Casio Music Forums (e.g., Joe Muscara) but you'll find many more of them posting regularly over at the Keyboard Corner. I would ask your question over there, modifying it to mention why you are asking PX-5S owners a question about the PX-560's keyboard.  

jpotty, thanks for sharing your experience! I do end up time to time playing in heat/in the sun so that concerns me a bit your experience. Did the keyboard completely shut down on you or just the display went off? What kind of heat/how long was the sun exposure before doing so? I have a Kawai MP6 I played an never gave me issues in desert heat/sun. Looking for something lighter though.

AlenK, good idea/I went with your idea and post in the PX5S thread. Thanks.