LOAD SAMPLES CASIO XW-P1?

Jonatan

On 2/15/2018 at 1:27 PM, Jonatan said:

Hello group, I ask you a question. I want to know if you can convert audios and use them as ringtones in my CASIO XW-P1. If there is a specific program to convert them. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi there.  If you want to use audio from your XW-P1 as ringtones for your phone, you just need to record the P1 in or convert recordings to whatever format your phone uses for its ringtones. You can use a free program like Audacity to do this. 

If you want your XW-P1 to play audio files see page E-78 of the manual. http://support.casio.com/pdf/008/Web_XWP1-E-1B.pdf

If you want to play back audio files using the P1's KEYBOARD (sample playing on keyboard) Not possible, but several other current Casios can do this. 

Seems you covered all the possible bases. I assumed "in my Casio XW-P1" meant playing them in the P1, despite the confusing reference to "ringtones." But perhaps he was indeed talking about converting the P1's audio to a ringtone in the P1 itself. Clearly, English is not the poster's native language. 

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO GRUPO THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TRANSLATION TO ENGLISH. I SPOKE TO CONVERT SOUNDS OF OTHER SYNTHETIZERS AND PASS IT TO MY XW-P1. FOR EXAMPLE, A TRUMPET AND IT WILL CONVERT TO THE FORMAT OF MY CASIO. I EXPLAIN?

Jonatan, I THINK you want to load samples into your XW-P1. You cannot. The XW-P1 doesn't support user samples. The XW-G1, on the other hand, does allow exactly that. 

On the other hand, if all you want to do is pass the audio from another synthesizer through your XW-P1 you can connect it to the Instrument input (labeled INST IN). What I said in the "Microphone!" thread also applies to that input (except the part about the little volume knob near the mic input, which only affects that particular input).