Video Files on Forum ×

CTk-4400 USB Midi recording ?

Hello all,

The title says it all. I found it easy to record my tunes using a standard audio cable connected to the microphone port. However, I am having troubles getting my computer (Win10) to recognize the keyboard when connected through USB port.

Is it at all possible to record MIDI data using some software?

Thank you.

Sammy

Some Windows 10 systems can be a bit picky, if not down right contrary, when it comes to USB-MIDI.  Some OEM installed Windows 10 systems have been found to be missing the generic Class Compliant USB-MIDI driver that is supposed to be built-in to Windows since XP Service Pack 2, but I do have a couple of recommendations that might be of some help.  If your Windows 10 computer is a newer one that has both USB-2 and USB-3 ports, use a USB-2 port for your USB-MIDI connection.  USB-3 has problems connecting to the USB-2 ports on some keyboards.  If you have not already done so, I recommend downloading and installing a MIDI diagnostics utility called MIDI-OX.  It can save a lot of time and frustration in trouble-shooting problems like you are having.  If your software is not seeing your keyboard, but MIDI-OX sees MIDI data coming from your keyboard, then you know there is nothing wrong with your computer or your keyboard, but rather with your software (usually setup). You can download MIDI-OX from:

http://www.midiox.com/