Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X700 - what instead of the pitchbender?

PSS-270

Hi.

Maybe somebody might know anything about the subject-matter.

As a fan of toy- and home-keyboards (and of pulling from them as much as possible :P ) I was wondering about getting the CT-X700.

The lacking of a pitchbender is bad but I saw lately some equivalents of it on older CASIOs and Yamahas (a key put on the upper part of the case, working more/less as the pitchbender).

Another way might be to use some slides/glissando while changing from one key on the keyboard into another.

Maybe anybody of you might know whether there is any equivalent of the pitchbender?

PS: I would get the X800 instead but it's grey and I don't like it, 'cause the beast must look cool, hahahah.

The only thing I can think of is to use a foot pedal that can generate MIDI pitch-bend messages and find a way to connect it to the X700's USB input. (There is another thread hear that discusses ways to do that.) I'm assuming that the CT-X700 listens to MIDI pitch-bend messages, which it would pretty much have to if it's going to be at all useful for playing MIDI sequences from a DAW or the like. Even if this works it's not a very good solution. Aside from the considerable expense (more than you'll pay for the CT-X700), pitch bending is a lot harder to control with a foot pedal than it is with a wheel.

Re the CT-X800 being grey rather than black, this is the first time I have heard anyone say that. It looks the same color (black) as the CT-X700 in the online images I have seen. Have you seen on in the flesh (so to speakl)? Can you point us to an image where it looks grey?

Okay, more about the mystery of the grey color. According to official images from Casio seen here the CT-X700 and CT-X800 are both primarily "blackish" (no, not the TV series). However, the CT-X800's center panel is indeed grey, whereas on the CT-X700 only the lower part of the center panel is grey. The speaker grills of both look black to me and the rest of the panel and case of both look like a very dark grey. 

Accordng to those images the blackest model is the CT-X3000. But maybe it's all a trick of the lighting used to take the photos. 

22 hours ago, PSS-270 said:

As a fan of toy- and home-keyboards (and of pulling from them as much as possible :P ) I was wondering about getting the CT-X700.

The lacking of a pitchbender is bad but I saw lately some equivalents of it on older CASIOs and Yamahas (a key put on the upper part of the case, working more/less as the pitchbender).

If you need a pitch bender on a CT-X, I'd say go for any of the other models. The 800 seems really nice (and I don't think that's available in US.) ** If you don't like the color, play in the dark. LOLOLOLOL***

But if you are set on the 700 and need to pitch bend: USB the CT-X700 and MIDI controller to a computer and use a DAW or host app to route the MIDI chain. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...