Video Files on Forum ×

MZX Series Firmware Version 1.60 Now Available

Brad Saucier

Click the link below, read that page and click "I agree" at the bottom of that page.  After clicking "I agree", you'll be directed to the download page.  You'll see a list of every feature added for all previous updates.  It's organized by version numbers. The latest version 1.60 is at the top.  Download links are at the bottom of the page.  Downloads include a firmware manual with detailed info about all updates (Version 1.60 update  has been added to the end of the manual).

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1210

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick Sterling said:

Apparently there is no NEW user manual, but a Firmware Update PDF ?

Got my hopes up that there would updated User Manual incorporating all the updates since 1.10

I think part of the issue that users have with documentation of the MZ keyboards is that the docs are spread out over many files and in many cases new functionality is only hinted at. Makes it more difficult to truly understand the instruments.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

All updates are listed in one manual in order of release.  V1.60 is at the end, following all previous update information.  

Thank Brad! I keep forgetting that there is really useful information tucked away at the end of that file. Time to update the Combined PDF ;-)

6 essais pour télécharger le fichier, trop de monde ?

La septième est la bonne...taille 244 Mo.

Le fichier updater décompressé a un icône de lecteur VLC, curieux.

Le temps d' installation est de 40 minutes dans la mémoire du clavier,

Le temps de manger une pizza, jambon fromage et champignons

merci pour le lien !

6 tests to download the file, too many people?

The seventh is good size 244 Mo.

The file updater decompressed has an icon of reader VLC, curious.

The time of installation is 40 minutes in the memory of the keyboard,

time to eat a pizza, ham cheese mushrooms

thank you for the link!

5 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Follow the link below and check out all of the information provided for the latest update including an updated firmware manual with additional info about this update (located at the end of the manual).  Notable new features were added in this update along with other improvements in operation.

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1210

Great news, thanks for the upgrade link, Brad.  

Thank you to Casio for the support for the MZ-X Line.
I'm sure that the story of Casio in the keyboards arrangers is a happy way from here.
When we criticize and give our opinions of improvements are to help the brand because we have faith that Casio can enter into the history of keyboard arrangers.

As for the improvements for sure we will tell all social media.

• Like 1

I have tried finding the new 1.60 manual information for many times now. I see no title of 1.60 located in any previous existing firmware manual. I see 1.40 with that respective information. I will try again. I have overlooked the conversations here discussing where to find this and I'm still having trouble.

Hopefully I get lucky in this next search.

All I can see is this:

Manual

Tutorial Manual

Appendix

MIDI Implementation

MZ-X500 (Ver. 1.40)

This manual covers Firmware Version 1.40 and higher.

MZ-X500 (Ver. 1.31)

This manual covers Firmware Version 1.31 and higher.

MZ-X500 (Ver. 1.21)

This manual covers Firmware Version 1.21 and higher.

MZ-X500 (Ver. 1.10)

This manual covers Firmware Version 1.10 and higher.

NOTE
To check your current firmware version, perform the operationbelow.

MENU → SYSTEM SETTING → Information →Version

Where can I find the information Rick Sterling and Brad Saucier about this new update V1.60? I see nothing in these links that lead me to the information you speak of.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

"...All I can see is this:"n you speak of."

Carter,  I don't think there is a new *updated* full manual per se for this recent update or any previous updates.  I guess the new *manual* refers to the new updates only?  If so, we can save the new information to supplement the original MZ-X500 manual. 

I had printed and spiral bound the MZ' manuals some time ago, with lots of blank A4 pages at the back for me to glue in any updates.  However, Rick has previously shared his *combined* PDF manual, which is great for quick searches. See Rick's previous posts. 

Join us as we camp outside Rick Sterling's door,  hoping for the release of his updated *combined* all-in-one MZ-X500 manual PDF. :banana::boing::banana:

48 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Carter, how did you get to that page?  Did you click on the link I provided in the first post of this thread?  Everything regarding this update starts with that link.  

Yes Brad I did. Then what was mentioned about V1.60 never appeared.

Brad. I clicked on your link. I then clicked on Manuals. I then selected both the full manual for MZX and the firmware manual V1.40(the highest available) independently. Neither have any information that outlines V1.60 at the end. 

The only thing in relative options on the site that read, "V1.60", is the actual download itself which is selected by clicking download first then selecting a "download" to download.

Ok. I see the issue. Don't click on the sidebar "manuals" link on that first page. You are supposed to read the entire page and click "I agree" at the bottom.  

Comb25042018082545.jpg

After you click agree at the bottom of that page, it takes you to this page.....

Comb25042018084026.jpg

All the added features are listed on that page in order of newest first.  The download files section at the bottom of that page has links to the firmware itself and the firmware manual. You can ignore the appendix download for now.  Scroll to the end of the firmware update PDF file.

Note: To further clarify, I have updated my original post....yet again.