Video Files on Forum ×

Transferring files to XW.

David

Many apologies ! I have been testing several new keyboards for the last couple of weeks and do not have space to rack them all up at the same time. I had tried something on the XW-P1 for another member of the forum, and then put it back away so that I could rerack a different unit. I did not see this post until the next day. I now have the XW racked back up in the studio here. I could not remember exactly how I got the first set of new tones on the XW that Mike had posted for us, and wanted to check the procedure before I replied.

Yes ! You can copy multiple files at one time. With the XW Data Editor screen up and the list of files you want to copy showing in the "PC" panel, left click on the first file you want to copy. Now go down the list to the last file in the list you want to copy and (WHILE HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY DOWN) left click on the last file you want to copy. The first, last, and all intervening files will be highlighted in blue - indicating that they have been selected. Release the SHIFT key. Point to one of the highlighted files and LEFT CLICK AND HOLD as you drag the list to the XW panel to the data position where you want your list to start copying to. You will see a cursor change from a circle with a slash through it (NO COPY) to a square with a plus sigh in it (OK TO COPY). Release the left click button and your files will transfer..

Lets say you want to copy just the first, second, fourth and sixth files. Use the same procedure as above, only hold down the CTRL key instead of the SHIFT key as you left click on the first, second, fourth, and sixth files. Only those files should be highlighted. Release the CTRL key, point to a highlighted file, left click and drag to the XW panel.

A word of caution about transferring large numbers of files at one time: I discovered an anomaly when trying to transfer a large number (100) of files from my PC to the WK-7500. Since the hardware and software are all very similar, I suspect all of the Casio units would exhibit the same behavior. Whenever I tried to copy 100 files at once, around 15 files at random got lost in the process and did not transfer. One other member of the forum has reported this as well. This appears to be some type of buffer overflow between the PC and the keyboard. If it is keyboard oriented, then probably all of the Casio units will have it, but if it is PC or Operating System oriented, then only certain users will see it. My work around was that, since the Data Manager 6 for the WK-7500 only shows 15 files on screen at a time, that is all I select and transfer at a time. I have had no problem since, so I would use the same limitation on the XW, if I had a large number of files to transfer.

Good luck and, once again, sorry to be so long in getting back to you.