Video Files on Forum ×

Firmware Update for CT-X3000/CT-X5000 (v1.05, dated 25 Sep 2018)

VL-Tone

I have updated the firmware also. All went well after a somewhat frustrating moment just after Step 6. When "SEL FILE" is displayed, you need to do something to get to step 7. 

This is NOT mentioned in Casio's Word document, so I selected "5" on the keypad and only then did I see "CTX50105". The remaining process was as per the document.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

In attempting to install the Firmware 1.05 Update, I had some problems. I put the CTX50105.upd file into the root on a 32 gb thumb drive, and began following the printed procedures to install the update. While holding down the 7,8 and 9 buttons, I pressed the start button. All of the icons on the display turned on and the blocks where the Tone/Rhythm names are displayed were solid black. The instructions said I should see "UPD MODE" on the display, but with the number/letter boxes black, I could see nothing. I turned off the keyboard and repeated the instructions again with the same results. I tried changing the lighting angle and viewing the display differently and thought I saw "UPD MODE" extremely faint against the black. I pushed a button and the very faint lettering said SETUP (I think). After a few moments I thought I could make out SEL FILE, but I did not see CTX50105 on the display. If I somehow got to the right place, how do I select the CTX file? And why does the display go black making it nearly impossible to read?

Thank you for your response. Yes, by adjusting the angle of the lighting and reading the display from a different angle, I was able to read the prompts very faintly. I think I would be able to do the update, even being extremely difficult to read. I do have the firmware 1.07 which I will install. I wonder if I lightened the display contrast before attempting the update, could I possibly read the prompts? Has anyone else experienced the same "blackout" problem? Is this normal?

I recently updated my CT-X5000.  I took a photo of the screen while it was updating but I deleted the photo, didn't think I needed it.  To recall, display contrast does reset to factory default when updating.  If you had your contrast adjusted so it's more readable from a low level, you'll definitely notice it get darker when it resets to default.  

I managed to install the Firmware 1.07 even though it was difficult to read the prompts. I did change the contrast so that no icons, other than what was in use at the time, were visible. I saw the prompts as dark grey letters on a black background and only if I looked at the display from an angle of about 45 deg. from either side. Anyway, I verified that I now had V:01.07 installed. It worked! Thank you guys for your help and comments.

• Like 2