Video Files on Forum ×

Key-Sync'd LFOs ?

James Yerkes

I hope this isn't a stupid question... but I'm having a real hard time finding out how to do this, or if it is even possible.

In the SoloSynth I would like to sync the LFOs to key trigger, so that as I play a note, it always starts the LFO at the beginning of its cycle rather than at random places in the "middle" of its cycle. As far as I can tell, I can only set it to "rate" or "tempo sync" - both of which just let the LFO keep running, and there's no telling where the LFO might be in its cycle when I play a key.

Is there a direct way to do this that I am missing somehow??

Or if not, can anyone think of a potential workaround? I was thinking maybe using virtual controls, having either an AMP or Filter envelope routed to the rate or depth of the LFO... but I still don't think that would have any effect on where the LFO is in its cycle.... any other suggestions?

Thanks!

James

Well I still haven't found a way... there probably isn't... guess I have to use my microkorg for more specific "VA trickery" like that.

BUT... I have been playing with controller tracks in the sequencer and they are pretty dang awesome. Can do equally as cool stuff with some careful editing, so it makes up for it. :) I guess it's stuff you could do in a DAW pretty easily, but I hate DAWs and don't have a hardware sequencer, so I'm really happy to have it on the instrument.