simple question on PX-350 settings

santope

I am a bit confused with the way the settings work and I would like to know if others have the same experience, or if I am missing something, or should have my keyboard checked.

I have toggled the "backup" setting which should mean that settings are kept when you turn the keyboard off.

The settings for touch response (which I set to 3) and the "backup" setting (which I set to "on") are stored when I switch off.

However, the "volume" settings (for accompaniment etc.) go back to the defaults, and the "stretch" setting goes back to "on".

I have not experimented with other settings, and the manual says that this "will save various settings..." without saying which ones.

Secondary question: shouldn't the default for "stretch" be "off"? If so, even more strange that it keeps going back to "on".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The default for "stretch" should be "on". I believe that most piano tuners -- for acoustic pianos -- use "stretched' tuning in the upper octaves.

I vaguely remember the reason -- it has to do with the harmonics of the high strings being detuned from 2f, 3f, etc. And the "stretch" tends to bring them back, at the cost of de-tuning the fundamental.

The "PianoWorld.com" forums have a sub-forum for piano tuners -- you could ask there.

. Charles

And on the first question - -

I found that if I saved the "state" of the piano in a Registration (see pg E-33 of the manual), just about everything (including Layer Balance) was saved. The list of saved settings _is_ in the manual for Registrations -- "Layer balance" and "touch response" are included.

. Charles

And on the first question - -

I found that if I saved the "state" of the piano in a Registration (see pg E-33 of the manual), just about everything (including Layer Balance) was saved. The list of saved settings _is_ in the manual for Registrations -- "Layer balance" and "touch response" are included.

. Charles

Charles,

Thanks for taking the time to answer

I do not use layers, but I do care about the volume settings, hence my question.

Your reply is useful, however, in that I can use registrations as a second-best solution instead of saving the volume under the "power on" settings (I assume that is impossible...)

Indeed the volume settings are mentioned in page E-33, for "Areas 1 to 4 only" . There are only 4 areas, so I wonder what that could mean...

experimenting is our substitute for a clear manual.