Video Files on Forum ×

Pointing folks here from my XW-P1 Yahoo Group

Guest rockstar_not

Guest rockstar_not

I just pointed to this forum from the Yahoo Group that I created for the XW-P1. Hopefully this will take on the role of all things XW-P1 including soundset swaps and so forth.

My open items for my XW-P1:

1. I need a usable overdrive/distortion - like what is in the lowly 5$ Garageband for iOS B3 simulation

2. I would like to set a global parameter for rotation speed for the Organ tones so that it's done via footswitch - currently it seems that is only available via performance mode

Hey Rockstar, I am a member of the Yahoo group. First thing on my list for this weekend is to try out my 4 distortion pedals with the XW. I haven't forgotten about your request. I'll be testing a Marshall Bluesbreaker, an SRB808 pedal by Dave Wireman, a Danelectro Cool Cat and a Big Muff (fuzz).

I tried out all the pedals with the XW-P1. I was going to try to get some clips, but they all sounded like crap inline to the line in on the interface. I'll have to mess around with it and find an alternative. So, I broke out the Vox Pathfinder 15, my only solid state amp. A very decent keyboard amp in my opinion. I wasn't impressed with the Cool Cat. It is a fairly low overdrive pedal and it didn't get the fat sound I was looking for. Nice, but thin. Next up was the Bluesbreaker. A bit better than the Cool Cat, but still not as fat as I would like. The Big Muff? Well.... it's fuzz. Sounded great if fuzz is what you want.

The clear victor was my personal fav, the SRB808. Now, I realize that it's a boutique pedal (I was lucky and caught a sale on it for $104) and without clips, this may not be of any help at all. I didn't have the time to break out mics and get everything arranged and I'm not that great a player (yet). I'm a guitarist. The SRB808 is based on the TS-808, but it is Dave Wireman's own design. The fat switch kills and creates a huge sound. The sound is less intense that a B-3 through a Marshall (Deep Purple) but it is smoothly overdriven and fat as hell. I was using my DigiTech TR-7 pedal in front of it for the rotary speaker sound. With a volume pedal, this setup would be perfect for me.

Can you get into a music store and try some pedals out with the Casio?