Video Files on Forum ×

Download Section?

Null

Just a suggestion, but shouldn't the forum have an upload/download section for crucial and not so crucial Casio files like Cakewalk INS configuration files, Sound Programs and Patches and perhaps even some MIDI Riffs and Beats and maybe even a user photo section?

I have a whole bunch of Casio INS files for various XW, WK and CTK models just looking for a permanent home I could upload.

Doable or not?

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have speed issues with the site myself.

A download section might be nice for, say, user patches, etc. I'm fond of the one on Elektron User's.

In the meantime until something forum-specific happens, I would be willing to host files on my DropBox :) Or the OP can get a free 2GB DropBox account and host the files themselves. I'm good with either choice, really.

Maybe Mike could make a thread a sticky with links to all sorts of things so it's all in one place?

If a download asection is NOT doable, then at the very least increase the upload allowance for users. We are apparently limited to 500 K of uploads IN TOTAL.

I've currently uploaded about a half dozen useful files to the board and am now sitting here with about 30% of my upload allowance remaining.

Either we need a proper upload/download section for useful system files or else a reasonable upload limit that resets with each message, NOT a cumulative total of files which disappear into obscurity as threads become archived.

So do we do the logical thing and create a File Archive section or do I have to search back thru all of my older posts and delete my uploads to get my upload allowance back?

Frankly I'm a little miffed at the lack of response to this thread by the powers that be around here.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Thanbks for looking into it Mike, but isn't that really just a temporary solution? Perhaps you are missing some flag or checkbox somewhere that sets the limit on a per message basis instead of a per user?

Every other message board I have ever seen sets the file upload limits on a per message basis.

This "lifetime limit per user" is the weirdest layout I've ever seen.

Gary

When I reply to your message right now, using the "More reply options" button, at the bottom of the page I see a dialogue telling me I have 173.65 K upload capacity for this message. This is after I've already uploaded about 325 K in previous messages.

As far as I can see, my limit is STILL 500K lper lifetime. NOT per message.

Anyway, maybe your emails will help clear this up.

Also perhaps you could look into some way of indexing the downloads into a single archive or search parameter since anyone who is looking for a particular file won't find diddly having to search thru 1000's of messages for some particular attachment if they don't know the exact name.