Casio LK-215: cannot establish data connection using DataManager

Guest Art Vandelay

Guest Art Vandelay

Hi everyone

I've installed the driver for my new Casio LK-215, and WIndows (XP) sees it as a Casio MIDI in the Device Manager, when the keyboard is connected to the PC with a USB-USB cable, however when I start the clumsy Casio DataManager application, which apparently has no connection settings at all, it always says "No response". THis happens for both versions available from the casio website: 5.0 and 6.1

I noticed that the lk-215 is not among the supported models for the DataManager software, however the manual does mention that once the keyboard is USB-connected to a PC, software can be used to copy MIDI/SMF files over to the keyboard, and then the Casio website is given!

Was anyone able to establish a data connection between their (lighted keys) keyboard and a PC? Any help would be appreciated!

Art

The Casio Data Manager software is for transferring files (User Tone files, User Rhythm files, User DSP files, Song files, etc) between a computer and supported WK, CTK, or LK keyboards. The LK-215 can not do this. It is not supported in this manner. The "software" mentioned in the LK-215 manual is referring to computer based DAW or sequencer software (Cakewalk's Music Creator or PG Music's Power Tracks or Band-in-a-Box, for instance) for sending/receiving MIDI song data in realtime to use the keyboard as a "sound module" or to record what you are playing on the keyboard into the computer. The Data Manager software can probably "see" the LK-215, but has nothing useful that it can do with it.

Aside from the programs mentioned above, there are also some rather nice DAW (sequencer) programs available on the web for free download. Try a Google or Bing search.

Good luck !

• 3 years later...

Guest, 

Your LK-215 may be new to you but you're asking how to use a 10 year old portable keyboard on Windows XP which was released in 2001. Data Manager 6 is definitely NOT compatible with your keyboard.  Data Manager 5 was from the era of your LK-215 but the LK-215 is not listed as a compatible product.  What specifically are you trying to do?