XW DAW integration or VST editor?

Guest thegalagakid

Guest thegalagakid

Recent XW-P1 purchaser and electronic musician. I would REALLY appreciate, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, some kind of digital audio workstation VST/AU editor like the standalone Data editor. Can we get that? Basically the Data Editor, that works in a DAW like Reaper or Cubase.

I've been playing with it and it is pretty deep. I never seem to have enough time in one sitting to really work through it. It looks fairly straightforward if one has all the graphic elements on hand and the programming knowledge. I'm a bit short on both, but have been stumbling forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago, my Yamaha Motif XS came with Cubase AI-4. As Yamaha described it: when you connect the two, the Motif XS knows it is talking to AI-4 and AI-4 knows it is talking to a Motif XS. This set up worked very well, but most importantly, I the user, the customer, the musician, did not have to re-invent the cyber wheel to get them to work together. Roland has now married Sonar X1 to their Jupiter 50 and 80 synths and have even launched an iPad app for editing voices in real time, particularly for the Jupiter 50, since it lacks the large color screen of the 80. Since Steinberg (Cubase) and Cakewalk (Sonar) are already taken, I don't know who Casio could partner with. Even though Cubase and Sonar are very adept at handling audio, their forte is still MIDI based, while the other DAW's are oriented more toward audio manipulation, even though they also do MIDI very well. When Mike Martin introduced the XW's at NAMM, he stated that Casio had re-purposed some existing resources to bring them to market. Now that they are out and apparently headed for some measure of success, perhaps Casio should re-purpose some of their programming resources and come out with their own DAW and iPad app - something across the board that would work with the XW's as well as the new CTK-6/7 and WK-6/7 arrangers. That would be a set up that would be hard to beat, but I say all this tongue in cheek, as I would dearly like to see a 76 key version of the XW's, or the P1 at least. When you split a 61 key keyboard 4 ways, you can run out of keys REEEEEEAL quick.

Just my thoughts !