Sound Dropout

Neilgray

Hi All, nice to be on this forum.

I recently purchased anXW-G1 and in my initial forays onto the instrument I experienced the sound dropping out completely. It happened while I was using the step sequencer and affected all the sound on the instrument. When I rebooted the same user pattern was the default and the sound was still off, but after a system reset the sound returned to normal. I know that cc11 (expression) can sometimes accidentally be set to 0 on all channels which would certainly cause my symptoms but I don't know how I could have caused it. I just wondered if anybody had experienced similar problems and if any reason was discovered. I am also anxious to contact Casio themselves to enquire about this because the synth was bought online from a company several hundred miles from my home so I need to know if this is a real fault before the vendors will pay for the carriage back to their premises, is there a site where I could email direct to Casio?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Neil