What is going on with these forums?

deeds

I have seen two different hosting problems resolving to first a designers website, and then a hosting companies website. On two different occassions, both for a period of 24 hours or so.

On another I've seen it resolve to a database error, also for 24 hours, and another time to a 404 error.

Did Casio outsource the provision of this site? Should I be otherwise concerned?

• Like 1

Imagine my surprise when I saw that my post about Mellotron sounds on the WK-7500 had ten responses this morning.

Imagine my disappointment when I saw that they were all SPAM related.

Imagine my further surprise to find my post was then deleted.

Oh well...I understand that measures need to be taken to get a handle on this problem and I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

It's nice to interact with other Casio fans!

Pierre

• 1 year later...

Maybe all this is related to a few issues I have been noticing. I had a personal conversation going with a member of this forum, and when I went back to check if there was any further reply, the forum wouldn't show me the existing posts, and a message at the top said I was "Banned from this conversation" ??!! I thought "Wow, what did I do wrong?".

Another thing is that I can't "Follow a Topic" The button is greyed out. I also can't use a number of other links, like contacting a moderator.

I assume these are all part of whatever security measures are being put in place to deal with the issues listed above. That makes me fell a little better. I thought I somehow screwed something up.

I'm sure it will get sorted out soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed spammers trying to post a spammy vid loaded with an affiliate link to the px-5s on youtube today. They do it for all hot products so it gave me reason to believe the px is having an impact.  :)

Reported the vid.