When will the 7200 and 7600 models come to the US?

The advertisement for these models began last August and they were available during the fall in overseas markets. I suppose that Casio is clearing the WK-7500 inventory pipeline prior to a USA release. Maybe they'll be introduced at the Summer NAMM Show.

These models do not possess a big jump in features - modest gains. Casio is probably working on something REALLY BIG for 2014.

The advertisement for these models began last August and they were available during the fall in overseas markets. I suppose that Casio is clearing the WK-7500 inventory pipeline prior to a USA release. Maybe they'll be introduced at the Summer NAMM Show.

These models do not possess a big jump in features - modest gains. Casio is probably working on something REALLY BIG for 2014.

Yeah, with technology items, we're always waiting for "the next big thing." I'll be pushing the "purchase" button within the next few days. The 7500 already does more things well then I'll know what to do with (at my level of proficiency and for my purposes). I'd probably short circuit myself and blow a brain cell with anything better.

Someone over on Keyboardforums.com emailed Casio USA on this subject and posted the response he received today.

I'll simply quote the entire message and let you read the sad news for yourselves.

Here is the reply from Casio in response to my question "When will the WK7600 be available in the US?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Casio America. We do not have information on WK-7600, as it is not a US model. Also, I do not know whether this model will be released in the US in the future.

We hope that we were able to assist you with your question, and again thank you for contacting Casio America.

Sal

CASIO AMERICA, INC.

570 Mt. Pleasant Avenue Dover, NJ 07801

www.casio.com

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Someone over on Keyboardforums.com emailed Casio USA on this subject and posted the response he received today.

I'll simply quote the entire message and let you read the sad news for yourselves.

Actually, the response from Casio was quite noncommital. But it was enough to make me pull the trigger and order a 7500 from a local US dealer. I thnk what did it for me in addition to the vague time horizon (if there is one) for the new model is my reading of the 7600's manual, especially looking for information about the added equalizer. I was assuming it was something on the order of a multi-band equalizer that could adjust various frequency bands for recording and tweaking voicings, etc. However, it appears to only adjust the audio output - and only with 5 presets. The other additions were not enough for me to care about - at least not enough to make me want to wait an unknown number of weeks or months for something that may or may not happen. And then again it could be a "marketing strategy" statement to sell remaining US inventory before they introduce the newer 7600 here. I did correspond with a shop in Great Britain about Casios pricing of the 7500 and 7600. He said while the 7500 is discontinued there, the MSRPs were/are identical.

Actually, the response from Casio was quite noncommital. But it was enough to make me pull the trigger and order a 7500 from a local US dealer. I thnk what did it for me in addition to the vague time horizon (if there is one) for the new model is my reading of the 7600's manual, especially looking for information about the added equalizer. I was assuming it was something on the order of a multi-band equalizer that could adjust various frequency bands for recording and tweaking voicings, etc. However, it appears to only adjust the audio output - and only with 5 presets. The other additions were not enough for me to care about - at least not enough to make me want to wait an unknown number of weeks or months for something that may or may not happen. And then again it could be a "marketing strategy" statement to sell remaining US inventory before they introduce the newer 7600 here. I did correspond with a shop in Great Britain about Casios pricing of the 7500 and 7600. He said while the 7500 is discontinued there, the MSRPs were/are identical.

The differences between the WK-7500 and WK-7600 are NOT dramatic enough to be a deal breaker.

Of course, the WK-7600 USA release may likely occur the week after you buy the WK-7500. :)

The differences between the WK-7500 and WK-7600 are NOT dramatic enough to be a deal breaker.

Of course, the WK-7600 USA release may likely occur the week after you buy the WK-7500. :)

That's what I'm expecting to happen but decided with the minimal changes, that will be ok. The features of the 7500 will take me the short remainder of my lifetime to figure out. :unsure: