Video Files on Forum ×

What the hell happened here today?

Null

It seemed to me that the forum was hijacked to point at some stupid page about Oklahoma.

Was any account info compromised?

Was the redirected page hosting any malware? This is what ticks me off about how every stupid website these days has to use 50 different scripts to accomplish the same things that could just as easily be accomplished by HTML 4.0 on its own. I have casiomusicforums allowed as a trusted script site on my system and if it was compromised by malware, I am not going to be a happy camper.

At any rate, here I am now a few hours later and not so much as a single announcement or heads up from the forum owners.

Are we all supposed to just bury our heads in the sand and pretend nothing happened?

So how about it guys. What's been happening here?

I reported abuse to the admins on Friday morning after I received about 16 emails showing new posts on my profile from a spammer who had only registered that same day but already sent 176 posts to various other forum members. I did not follow the links in the emails as I was pretty sure they were suspicious, but logged in separately. I hope the offender has been booted off pronto!

There was definitely malware on the redirected website. For two days my laptop's firefox was hijacked to point at that site even though I am cautious about running alien scripts and using a Linux OS.

I didn't even think that was possible with that combination.

Chances are that right now 80% of the forum regulars are still being redirected or in the process of cleaning up their systems after this vicious attack.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these people end up never coming back here.

I wondered what was going on. There was a post "full" of links to various products in the general discussion area. I didn't click anything, but the pages did show up in my "history" until I killed everything in it. I also did a fresh update from "Spyware" and MS, and did a complete scan with each of them (several hours). Neither Spyware or Security Essentials found anything, but you never know. I think Mike was busy at the show, and didn't watch the forum like he should. Maybe a full time admin is needed here.