Sure wish it had real time volume control for accom and rhythm

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got my WK-7500, and I agree. All those sliders should double as real time volume sliders for splits and fades.

So Far, the best I can figure is you have to go into the mixer, scroll to the voice you want, adjust the volume and exit the mixer... If you are playing live ( which I do), you have to stop playing to do all that instead of just sliding drawbars..

Can anybody help me figure a way to make it happen live?  

Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately there is no option for the foot pedal to be a volume control, according to page E-153 of the User's Guide.  The pedal jack only performs Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, and Start/Stop.  None of these are variable volume.

This is one reason why I am looking at more organ-like devices such as the Lowrey - but for more than I can afford.  Just looking.

One workaround would be to create a set of three registrations for each "song" with the accompaniment adjusted to "low", "medium", "high" in each set.  I know this is pretty "coarse" compared to a continuously variable control, but it does give immediate access to three different levels of accompaniment volume plus the levels within each setting can be fine tuned over time as experience dictates.  At 96 registrations, that would cover 32 songs, which should more than suffice for the average gig, as one registration set might be useable for more than one "song", and if you need finer control, you could go to sets of 4 with "low", "medium-1" "medium-2", "high", and that should cover at least 24 "songs".

I would not hold out much hope for using one of the sliders for this, as several of us have been trying to discover a more "general" controller use of the sliders since the CTK-7000/WK-7500 hit the market, but so far have had no success.  As a matter of fact, the sliders in the XW synths are "supposed" to be useable in this manner, and we are even having problems getting that to work reliably.

Good luck !

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im actually hating the learning curve of WK7600 for silly things like this, drum volume should be accesible,it was in previous models............. and why is it so that when you split the left hand has sucha low volume?  :angry:

Man I want to love this keyboard so bad but its being a pain in the bass.CASIO at this time and era we want things easy and intuitive accesible drum volumen doesnt seem like too much to ask.

I wonder why they make a light weight keyboard that will atract the gigging consumer cause its weight and then dont make it gig oriented.

Yes hoping that Casio makes the next keyboards with a bit more on the fly controls...and not having to go in al kinds of menu's to sort the volume out...

I have discovered that you can record some off the changes like volume and pan so if you want to preform live it is maybe an solution on the gig to play the melody and the other part in a pre recorded song but it's not flexibel enough once preforming live..

Hi finally I got the courage to go through the manual and try to adjust the drum volume but I just cant seem to do it. Somebody said it had to be done in Mixer mode Im really bad when it comes to technology.

I was wondering if somebody is kind enough to write a step by step guide on how to lower volume of a drum rythm (no acompaniament just plain drums) and save it into the user rhythms. 

Or how to save a performance,lets say splitted rigth hand piano,left hand bass and a drum pattern with lowered volume.

As for the volume of  splitted sections,it would be perfect to have an easy touch control but given the circumstances...In my WK7600 when I split the keyboard the left side sounds too low I always use it for bass. So the only thing I can think about is edit all my right hand sounds with the tone editor and cut the volume lets say 30db. So now you have a more balanced mix,You can always push up the volume of the keyboard/ mixer/amp.

This solution involves some pre-thinking