Video Files on Forum ×

Casiophone MT 400v

njaim

I just picked up a working casiophone mt 400v that could use a little cleaning and care but appears to be intact, and I'm wondering what you (anyone) can tell me about these rare things? Everything I found on it seemed to suggest this was a great find, but I never found a value or anything. Mostly just notes on circuit bending.

• Like 3

The MT-400V is cool because of its resonant analog filter with envelope and "waw."  The sounds are the same as the MT-68 (though it lacks the modulation buttons on the MT-68), and while the overall sound is darker and less crispy than the 68, being able to run the main tones, the rhythm, accompaniment or noise source through the filter is great.  There's also a nice stereo chorus with variable rate.  There's even an input for a breath controller for the filter, but I have never tried that.

Here is a short instrumental I made in 2006, all with the MT-400V.  Nothing great, but this thread gives me an excuse to post it I guess.  :)

https://soundcloud.com/hypnotuba/springing

SO, congrats on the MT-400V!  It's a fun keyboard.  BTW, there is also the CT-410V which is the same instrument but with full size keys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the CT410V, which is the full size keys version of the MT400V. It is a really fun keyboard, especially as you can route EVERY section (one at a time mind)  through the filter. That includes drums, main voice, bass and rhythm sections, thus it can produce some very unique sounds/ patterns. The basic synth engine is the same at the MT65/ 68, minus the modulation option and the arpeggiator. The filter is also 'tamed' and can't go into self oscillation, but it CAN be modified to do so. Also, the extra features from the MT65/ 68 can be added with a little work as the 410V and 400V has the feature set on its chips, but for some reason Casio chose not to use them on these models.

The excellent TableHooters website has details of the 410V/ 400V (and many other retro Casios), including modifications that can be done to them:

http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casio_CT-410V.html

• Like 1

• 6 years later...