Video Files on Forum ×

Synchronization XW-P1 with Electribe EMXSD.

B) A few more questions:

Would the XW master or slave? Do I need a mixer for the MIDI clock? Does a USB - MIDI cable?

If I connect the XW to the EMXSD:

How do I to connect them both to the entrance where I plug in to hear what play? :mellow:

Hi David,

I was thinking about getting a Korg Electritribe EMXSD also... I just acquired a Waldorf Blofeld Desktop. I can use either the Casio WXP1 or Logic Pro to drive the module.

But... you can't use the sounds of the XW-P1, right? :huh:

I need practice, practice... :P Thank you very much.

First of all what exactly do you mean by synchronize? If you mean synchronizing the XW's phrase recorder and step sequencer with the electribe, you'd normally hook the electribe's MIDI IN port to the XW's MIDI OUT and then you can use the XW as a controller for the electribe module.

This would be normal in a performance situation. Then you could assign different zones on the XW to control either the keyboard's internal sounds while another zone could control the Korg. You'd also have to configure the XW zone to send and the Korg to receive on the same MIDI channel.

Or if you were using this with a computer to record sequences then you'd set the whole thing up with your computer sequencer as master and the instruments as slaves. The truth is, there's no single best way to set it up that covers every possible situation.

Gary