When using piano stage settings, where is the best starting point for the sliders?  Middle, Bottom ? Does it matter?

It really doesn't matter unless you want them to be a certain place as you start to tweak the sound. For example if you have slider 1 set to swell strings under a piano you don't want it set at the top otherwise you won't be able to swell the sound from a low volume.. as soon as you move the slider it will be at the top value. I usually keep them in the middle = seems like the safest place. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Regarding the warranty mentioned in the first posting, I registered my unit as soon as I got it, and received a letter saying my warranty had been extended.  Then when I had a problem in the 2nd year, I called Casio and they told me if I didn't have possession of that letter (hardcopy), then I could not get warranty service.  I asked them if they didn't have the information stored in their system and they said no.  The person was very condescending in her tone.  So all you new owners beware, save that letter!  Then, I had to have the unit repaired, and it took 6 weeks to get the one section of key contacts from Casio.  Just glad I still had my old keyboard because I'm gigging every weekend.  This keyboard sounds pretty good and has some nice features but it's not really rugged enough for extended professional use.  I am now having another issue (un-clearable error message on startup) which renders the unit useless, so am shopping for another keyboard from another manufacturer.

This keyboard sounds pretty good and has some nice features but it's not really rugged enough for extended professional use.  I am now having another issue (un-clearable error message on startup) which renders the unit useless, so am shopping for another keyboard from another manufacturer.

I'm sorry you've had these problems, but there are lots of people who have used the PX-5S professionally since it came out without these hardware problems. As far as your error message on startup, see my reply to your other post about it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am looking to create a theremin sound but I'm not sure how to make it monophonic. I have created a theremin tone with glide but I would like to be able to use it as a single note instrument, for example I would like to be able to hold down the sustain, and as I change the note it should glide to that note and discontinue the previous note. does anyone know how to do this? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.