Video Files on Forum ×

is there a way to save k1(cutoff)k2 of individual instruments?

Patrick Arend

Hi, If anyone on the forum can help me with this one thing i promise i wont be asking a bunch of newbie questions in the future. Ive pretty well figured out most of the xw-p1 step sequencer, but ive come to a little roadblock. When im in step seq mode making my own custom seq or modifing one, i can save k1(cutoff) and k2 on each individual seq  track, drums 1 through 5 bass, solo 1,2,and chord .I can also save all this in the chain.The problem is when i move to another step sequence i lose all my k1, k2, and my overall song tempo. When i go back to the sequence where i made the k1 and k2 settings for each part,drums 1 through 5 , solo 1,2 bass, and chord. The changes i made to the instruments (tracks) with k1 and k2 are gone and the tempo. Ive tried to save the step sequences, and the chains as all files and all the other ways to save  files ,but so far i cant save k1,k2 on inst tracks or tempo.Is there a way to  save tempo, k1,k2, for individual tracks in seq mode?Basically im trying to save mentioned changes preforablly to an all file where i can save everything at once.Or maybe its a controller issue while im still in step seq step edit mode, or a limittation of the xw-p1 , or maybe a firmware update would address it .I guess im stumped as how to save these changes.

• Like 3

Hi Mike, Thank you very much sir for responding to my post about k1(cutoff) andk2(resonance) and tempo. Performance mode solved the tempo problem.Do i now save performances to the xw-p1? and does each performance  save the sequence data, chains , for that piticular performance?and can i save all that as an all file on sd card? Sorry im asking so many questions,and i asure you once i get past these two things on the xw-p1 i wont be asking questions,i will be making some music.  Ive figured out the xw-p1 enough to make it do what i hoped it would do,In the future anything i want to learn on the xw-p1will just be happy accidents. its just those two things.                           k1(cutoff) k2(resonance)  I started out with my step sequences i made with k1,k2 changes on my individual tracks in the step sequencer,i went to performance mode and saved the performance, that solved the tempo problem, however when i went to another performance i lost the k1, k2 settings i had made on the individual tracks of the step sequencer. If this is a limitation of the xw-p1 i can accept that, its still a fantastic synth.If there was a way to address  this in the next firmare upgrade it would go a long way in the sound sculpting aspect of the xw-p1.   Thank you for your time Mr Martin,            Sincerly ,  Pat Arend  

• 2 weeks later...