Octave Shift range

Redwave

Mike, would it be possible for a future firmware update to increase the Octave Shift range in Midi Edit beyond the current -2 to +2? I tried to create a Stage Setting with drums shifted five octaves up to the top of the keyboard, leaving the rest of the note range for bass and pianos, but the combination of Octave Shift and Transpose is limited to a total of three octaves up or down.

• Like 4

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. On a related note, if would be awesome if drum tones could be assigned to Zone 2 instead of just Zone 1. I understand that it's not a workstation, but typically I just want to add a drum zone and simple phrases to an existing Zone 1-only stage setting and that would simplify the process. Aside from these minor nits I'm really enjoying jamming with the Pro PX-5S - congratulations to you and the Casio engineers for producing such a powerful instrument!

Redwave.

I have a possible workaround for your Drums/Octave shift issue.   Mike answered a question for me about user drum set editing.   You can map any of the PX5's drum samples to any of the 88 keys.  So, with this you could put drums near the top end where you want and leave the rest empty.

Is there an easy way to copy a tone within a stage setting from one zone to another? For example, I wanted to change the very nice stage setting 7-1 "KeyUp EP-S3" to have drums in Zone 1 and move the EP to Zone 2. But Zone 1 uses HEX:U050 "Zone 1 Tone" which is local to this stage setting; unfortunately this tone doesn't seem to be visible to Zone 2, which just sees the global tone HEX U050 "Hex E.Piano1". My eventual solution was to do a global write of "Zone 1 Tone" to HEX:U199, but it was a laborious process. It would be much easier if tones edited internally in one zone were visible to the other zones.

Is there an easy way to copy a tone within a stage setting from one zone to another? For example, I wanted to change the very nice stage setting 7-1 "KeyUp EP-S3" to have drums in Zone 1 and move the EP to Zone 2. But Zone 1 uses HEX:U050 "Zone 1 Tone" which is local to this stage setting; unfortunately this tone doesn't seem to be visible to Zone 2, which just sees the global tone HEX U050 "Hex E.Piano1". My eventual solution was to do a global write of "Zone 1 Tone" to HEX:U199, but it was a laborious process. It would be much easier if tones edited internally in one zone were visible to the other zones.

Laborious? Press WRITE, choose TONE and save to a location. From Zone 2 choose that tone.

• Like 1