"Song Ready / Stage Settings"

Mike Martin

Here's something to tinker with.  Not neccessarily needed for a gig.  But fun to try.  The 1980-85 version of the british "Dr. Who" theme. Some good stuff in there.  (What can I say? I like all sorts of stuff,  I even play banjo - Earl Scruggs style)

or1984's Ghostbusters(single) - particularly the signature synth fills

Harold Faltermeyer's Axel F theme.- Lead synth - fills

Hey Mike, someone posted on the Nord Electro forum that they were trying to get a sound for the intro part to Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again".  If there was ever a sound the PX-5S could cover nicely, it is that one with its piano, bell and synth layers (the video show three keyboards being played to cover it...just for effect).  None of the samples in the Nord Sample Library are close as best I can tell.  Might you be tempted to show up the competition a bit?  (0-3 Illuminated is close...was this the song you had in mind when you made it?)

• 9 months later...

This is an excellent resource.  I was looking for Take On Me and I see JimmyJames has already put it up there. Thanks! I will trade you for a "Major Tom" after I figure out what tone to use for the gliss sweep in the breakdown (which I'll add to the upper key range)... if anyone actually does that song.

Good idea for a pinned 'stage setting' for a song request... you should also do this for the XW synths.  my prob is using the XWP1 over the PX and using my preference of un-weighted keys for most custom synth (solo & hex) and organ sounds... some of the songs willf mentioned are already available with minor tweaks or adding a custom zone over an existing setting, ie, I use one of polysynth settngs for 'Jump', Whiter Shade of Pale, Africa,,,  

• 2 years later...
On May 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM, BeowulfX said:

+1 on Africa by Toto...

Here are few more "oldie" songs that may make some use of PX-5S Pro's capabilities:

1) We built this City - Starship

2) The way you make me feel - Michael Jackson

3) Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears for Fears

4) Mother's Talk - Tears for Fears

5) Rock DJ - Robbie Williams

6) Star People - George Michael

7) Escapade - Janet Jackson

8) Together in Electric Dreams - Human League

And more recent ones:

1) Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5

2) Moves like Jagger - Maroon 5

3) Tik Tok - Ke$ha

Hello, I would like to get the lead patch for "Moves Like Jagger" Thank you!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - so is there a link where all stage settings created by users are listed?

im looking for help with a number of sounds for a gig in 3 weeks. 

Invluding ‘Living on a prayer’ ‘Billie Jean’ ‘Ain’t no stopping us now’ and many more!

be amazing to get some ready sounds 😬😎

8 hours ago, Billylawton said:

Hi guys - so is there a link where all stage settings created by users are listed?

im looking for help with a number of sounds for a gig in 3 weeks. 

Invluding ‘Living on a prayer’ ‘Billie Jean’ ‘Ain’t no stopping us now’ and many more!

be amazing to get some ready sounds 😬😎

Everything community created is here by category, many with descriptions and sound demos....

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/3-privia-px-5s/