Video Files on Forum ×

Data Editor Communication Problem

jorge13

Hi everybody, I'm just aqquired a Casio XW-G1 last week in Chile, and I've trying really hard to connect the unit to several PCs to use the Data Editor using the USB cable, but I can't make the application find the synth.

I've trying to connect to 3 windows based PCs and the problem persist.

Systems are follows:

1. Desktop computer: Processor i7 2600K (4.4 GHz) 8 GB RAM, Asus p8z68 deluxe Mother Board, 500 GB HDD, Audio Card Creative SB X-Fi Titanium, Asus GTX560 Ti DC graphics card. OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

2. Laptop SONY VAIO VGN-NR350FE, Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 (1,83 GHz), 4 GB RAM , 250 GB HDD, High Definition Audio, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family graphics card. OS Windows 7 64 bits.

3. Netbook Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t, Processor Intel Atom N450 (1.66 GHz), 2 GB RAM, 220 GB HDD, Conexant SmartAudio HD, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 graphics card. OS Windows  Ultimate  32 bits.

XW-G1 Version 1.10

As midi controller the synth works fine: keys, velocity, knobs 1 to 4, bender and modulation wheels are OK, but in the data editor (tried versions 1.1.1 and 1.1.0) read the message "Failed to connect to XW-G1" post-1540-0-30185600-1367986527_thumb.jp. I tried with several USB cables and ports, but the editor can't find the synth, Casio USB-MIDI its availale at combo box in Preferences, but there is a connection failure.

Casio USB Driver in Windows device manager appears to be OK, but manufacturer its set "generic USB Audio"post-1540-0-78330300-1367986537_thumb.pn, and driver provider is Microsoft. I tried installng Casio Midi Drivers downloaded from Casio website (CCMID12 32 bit driver, and CCUSBX64 64 bit driver), but device its no longer available in data editor when Casio driver its installed.

Maybe I missed a synth or system setup, or the unit present a failure, or its an unknown compability issue, I've looking for information over the web, but it seems a very particular problem (don't know other cases). It's really extrange, because I'm an advanced user in both PC and Synths and its been kind frustrating been unable to find the solution to this problem.

Hope can find some help and answers here.

Thanks in advance and best regards.