I MASTERED IT?

HI, i thought i had the xw-p1 figured out, but im not a jedi yet. Theres still some stuff in there, the xw-p1 is pretty deep for a 500 dollar performance synth. If theres any knowledge on the xw-p1 i can share, i would be glad to try and help out on the forum.  Speaking of the forum, ive noticed the numbers are going up for new members, seems to be averaging about one a day.Hope these numbers continue to grow.

• Like 1

Speaking of the forum, ive noticed the numbers are going up for new members, seems to be averaging about one a day.Hope these numbers continue to grow.

Yes I hope this forum grows too.   I will be sticking around myself.  I just hope that 1 other person with an MZ-2000 shows up.  :D

BTW  I love those XW synths. They have that 1980's look to them  I loved the look of those 80s synths.  If I could, I'd own every XW they made especially that chrome orange one.  But I'm going for that px5 for now.  Maybe it will come in chrome blue!  are u listening Tokyo.  I have to say though that the current white, blue and black look has grown on me.

So,  pat,   I would love to hear about  your creations with your XW-p1.  Drop your thoughts on us. This is the perfect thread for it.

post-1490-0-60022500-1450312344_thumb.jp

post-1490-0-49159700-1450314217_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Hi Brad Mz-2000,  chrome blue would be the coolest looking of the chromes. Currently im customizing my own tones on the xw-p1. Of all the synths ive owned the xw-p1 it seems has the most untapped potential, ive got user tones  out of it (tones),(hex),(organ),(solo synth) that go far beyond the presets. When i get a hundred user tones i will upload them to the forum to share with other xw-p1 users.  I to love the look of the xw-p1, so much that i have to say its the coolest looking synth ive ever seen.Theres just something wonderfully retro, yet something wonderfully futuristic about its look.

• Like 1

Theres just something wonderfully retro, yet something wonderfully futuristic about its look.

Exactly!

Quote:   "ive got user tones  out of it (tones),(hex),(organ),(solo synth) that go far beyond the presets."

I've always said this about the MZ-2000.  Even simple tweaks make a big difference.   Just recently I was using the "Jazz Guitar" tone for an 80's power rock thing.  I run the Jazz Guitar through DSP for Distortion, Amp Sim and Delay but the release time of the guitar was to long for a natural sounding staccato play.  A quick tweak of release time made a world of difference.  I've found I've needed to shorten release time for Brass and Trumpet sounds for other stuff as well.  It makes a big difference for staccato stuff.  I've made much better sounding synth tones like syn bass and syn strings.  The list goes on and on.

Wow! I watched some utube videos of the MZ-2000. Thats one  KICK A**  synth, has some of that yamaha cs80 mojo, nice vangelis type pads, and other sonic weirdness. Other than the floppy drive, this synth was some what ahead of its time.I also loved the way it looks, like being in the cockpit of an advanced experimental space ship, sweet ride.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...