PX-5s Videos

Brad Saucier

Edit 4.17.2015:  All tutorial videos can now be found at (Edit Nov 2021: Site linked to was deleted) 

I thought this "topic" would be a good place for sharing PX-5s tutorials.  I'll start with this introduction.  (Edit 2021: Video has been deleted) 

Nice video Mike. Is that entirely PX-5s sounds in the teaser intro?  (0:00 - 0:30)  Who composed that?  

Oh!  and where can I find the official "Casio"  branded flash drive seen at 0:34 ?  Or do I have to paint up my own?  :)

• Like 1

No, I didn't compose the music for the into. The intro music 0:00 through 0:30 was originally done for a PX-5S teaser video that was launched before January NAMM.  The team in Tokyo contracted someone to do that.   The PX-5S was in its very early beta stages at that point but the piano sound is from the PX-5S.  Multiple tracks from XW synths were used along with some drum loop libraries. 

That's at home studio.  :)
Most of the videos are shot at the Casio office but I was home for a couple days last month and had time to get this video started so that is where many of the clips were shot. 

As for the flash drives, we had some made up for marketing purposes and trade shows.  We don't enough to sell them....yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Mike, I know you're really a busy guy (in a great way!), but are you guys considering an actual tutorial (DVD or otherwise) to show how to use and modify Stage setups, edit, work with tones, knobs and sliders, etc, etc, etc?  It's a pretty complicated instrument, and it's making more sense to me, but a step-by step tutorial on many of these issues would be great.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Since Jim is not yet on the Casio forums to share this,  I will.   The very first youtube PX-5S unboxing video.   I enjoyed this.   :)  Now I know what kind of box to look for at my front door (as if I wouldn't be able to spot something that size).  I'm wondering if a glow of angelic light will occur when I open mine?

Glad you're finally getting it.  I ordered from Sweetwater because they are my go to store but when they got a shipment in, they didn't have enough to fill my order.  Musicians Friend had them so I ordered from there.  I'll get my case from Sweetwater, however.

• Like 1

Musicians Friend was where I got my MZ-2000 back in the day.   They were good about exchanging the defective one out for the one I have now.  

Side note:  I've got to recruit some MZ-2000 owners to this forum.  I feel so alone.

That MZ-2000 looks like a cool workstation! Glad I'm not the only one with synths that have 3.5" drives. Reminds me I need to order some more.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...