Software to create patterns for wk-7500

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Stytockf1.2 will convert any Yamaha style file to a Casio .ckf style file and it works pretty well for that, but I don't know how to convert from .ckf to .ac7 although my PX350 plays both .ac7 and .ckf styles np problem, I'm not sure if the WK does. If it does-I have just discovered this website which is actually for Yamaha PSR but check it out-

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

There are programs on this website to completely customize any Yamaha .sty file and I mean everything-loudness levels, instruments, panning and other settings, but converted to Casio .ckf you can do anything you want to a Yamaha style first (or a midi file), then convert it to .ckf. I've tried this in my PX350 Privia and it works perfectly-not all Yamaha style files convert to ckf from Stytockf1.2 but I've had quite a few that work. Stytockf also lets you change instruments and loudness levels for each accompaniment track directly with a ckf file. I've done this to mute out parts I don't want, such as making only a drum/bass track. This psr tutorial website even has a program that will insert "markers" to automatically create intros, endings, variations and fills from any midi smf (.mid) file which can then be converted to .ckf. The Yamaha midi style player program let me preview the Yamaha style first before I decided to convert it-there are over a half-dozen freeware programs all just for playing around with style fles all on this one website-check it out it's pretty amazing. Too bad Casio doesn't have programs like this for the WKs, PX's but with a little work, you can custom-design any style you want, just have to use the Yamaha stuff first. I've already modified around a dozen new styles in .sty format to .ckf for the PX350 using these programs. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Stytockf1.2 will convert any Yamaha style file to a Casio .ckf style file and it works pretty well for that, but I don't know how to convert from .ckf to .ac7 although my PX350 plays both .ac7 and .ckf styles np problem, I'm not sure if the WK does. If it does-I have just discovered this website which is actually for Yamaha PSR but check it out-

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

There are programs on this website to completely customize any Yamaha .sty file and I mean everything-loudness levels, instruments, panning and other settings, but converted to Casio .ckf you can do anything you want to a Yamaha style first (or a midi file), then convert it to .ckf. I've tried this in my PX350 Privia and it works perfectly-not all Yamaha style files convert to ckf from Stytockf1.2 but I've had quite a few that work. Stytockf also lets you change instruments and loudness levels for each accompaniment track directly with a ckf file. I've done this to mute out parts I don't want, such as making only a drum/bass track. This psr tutorial website even has a program that will insert "markers" to automatically create intros, endings, variations and fills from any midi smf (.mid) file which can then be converted to .ckf. The Yamaha midi style player program let me preview the Yamaha style first before I decided to convert it-there are over a half-dozen freeware programs all just for playing around with style fles all on this one website-check it out it's pretty amazing. Too bad Casio doesn't have programs like this for the WKs, PX's but with a little work, you can custom-design any style you want, just have to use the Yamaha stuff first. I've already modified around a dozen new styles in .sty format to .ckf for the PX350 using these programs. Hope this helps.

I confirm that not all .sty file can be converted into .ckf, is there anybody knows which is the problem?

Yes, I do. Yamaha embeds some kind of midi code into their style files which stytockf doesn't seem able to recognize called CASM ( a type of computer language I think). I've managed to get some of the Yamaha styles to convert, these must be styles that don't have the CASM programmed into it, might be for the newest Tyros types. Searching around the web, I found a CASM editor that can separate the CASM file from the midi file but it's getting too complicated for my taste. i just use hit-or-miss to find a .sty file that converts easily, I've gotten about a dozen that I actually like-I don't generally like to use auto-arrangements anyway, i create my own. There are literally thousands of Yamaha .sty files around the web, many are similar to Casio's. But Bedesem's "Stylemaker" looks like the way to go to create your own style.

The CASM style file header has been a part of Yamaha style files since, at least, the mid to late '90's with the PSR-740/8000/9000, and today can be found in style files even for the lower priced PSR units.  It acts as sort of a style "fine tuner" for its specific keyboard.  While most style files will work, to some extent, without the CASM header, it will most likely not "sound" the same as the same file with the CASM header.  Jorgen Sorensen offers a style file editor similar to that of Michael Bedesem on the PSR Tutorial Forum.  Jorgen's editor has to be purposely set up to keep the CASM when the file is saved, otherwise, it discards it.  The CASM is proprietary to Yamaha.  It can not be used or converted for use on other brands of arranger keyboards.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/

Sorry, Jokeyman !

You had made a statement in one of your previous posts that I had missed until now, and I did not see where anyone else had responded to it.  You stated that you had not found anything to convert .ckf rhythm files to .ac7 rhythm files.  You do not need a converter for that.  The current line of WK/CTK boards will accept .ckf rhythm files as is, but when you bring them back up to a PC with the Data Manager, they come back as .ac7 files, so the keyboards themselves do the conversion.  This may not apply to .ckf files from smaller CTK boards whose rhythm files may differ drastically from those of the larger boards.  However, if you have an older board, then there is no way to convert the newer .ac7 rhythm files into the older .ckf rhythm files.  That is because the older boards can not accept the additional data for the expanded features of the newer boards.

OK, thanks Ted.  Converting style files will always present some challenges, but all this software makes it possible with a little work. I'm happy I found something that works at all. since the CASM programming has been around that long that's why converting Yamaha styles has been pretty hit or miss. I've also tried Korg and Roland styles with similar results, even when the conversion works, the assignments for midi channels and sounds are not usually the same. I think it's easier to start from scratch with a plain midi file or modifying the Casio styles.  I'm happy enough just eliminating tracks/changing instruments/voulme settings using the Casio ckf player software which works nicely for the PX-350, but thats another post! And it's too tempting looking at the WK/CTKs which look really nice as "workstations", especially after just getting the PX-350 and XW. My house already looks like a keyboard museum!

It's not for Casio!

Hello Strogoff:
You could take a look to Style Works 2000 Universal (Universal must be the appropriate for Casio models)
Tell me about, I couldnt check it out yet.

http://www.stmidimusic.com/html/styleworks_2000.html

I know this one is too expensive! I prefer to try with Anvil Studio and Studio One 2.Bye

• 2 months later...

I' made a style using Anvil Studio, it works, I named the 11th marker "End" and transformed in .ckf as written in this forum, somewhere, then I imported in my WK 7500. In Anvil Studio markers are called cues.

Bye

• Like 1

• 2 years later...