Video Files on Forum ×

The FUTURE!!!

I see a time in the not to distant future when young people will snatch up  xw-p1s by the boatloads, young people with more talent than money will make some fantastic music, more than likely at some point you will hear the xw-p1s on some hit songs. Then a little farther down the road the xw-p1 will be sought after for its analog, groove box, all in one vibe. Eventually, a little farther into the future when keyboard magazine does a best synths of the early 21st century issue, it will be featured right there with the other 20 or 30 other synths. The xw-p1 is worthy.

• Like 2

Interesting perspective. Although if one remembers any pieces of music gear, they all start with some great music made with those, and then somebody would ask: so what amp did J.Hx use for his amazing tone?! and so on. So far I haven't heard any "good" music done with XW. Oh well, there are lots of dancing fluff on Youtube... And of course this is not a fault of the XWs themselves -- they are fine pieces of electronic engineering, to say the least. I agree, Patrick Arend .. "The xw-p1 is worthy", so Let's hope for the future.

• Like 2

Hello:

People think that CASIO is a toy factory. The people are unaware that CASIO is a company unlike any other. Both a XW-P1 and a XW-G1 give much of themselves. What happens that CASIO has been inactive for years. Thanks to this fact it has made to return with fresh and different, but with quality.

I could choose another company, but CASIO convinced me by one such Ralph Maten. I watched videos of other brands, but they did not give me a sense of fun and excitement. I love the XW series.

Thank you.

PS: the style of music I do is more electronic (synthesizer, space, ambient, techno, experimental, nonsense...). The XW-P1 fits very well within those musical styles (and many more).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

All this in a wristwatch format-with a keyboard you can strap to your arm and play-sort of like a mutated accordion-don't laugh, look at the Korg mini trigger stuff, who knows? I know I'm being silly-but if they copy this idea, I want a piece of the action!

Here you go then:

piece_of_the_action1.jpg

Ooh let me also in on this :) ... XW-A-PG  the alfa performance and groove synth with extreme dsp engine step and real time sequencing, extended sampling , three track audio recording/playing. Splits , double hexlayers , solo and solo+ edge bell timbres synth. Color would be green/yellow.

Ooh let me also in on this :) ... XW-A-PG  the alfa performance and groove synth with extreme dsp engine step and real time sequencing, extended sampling , three track audio recording/playing. Splits , double hexlayers , solo and solo+ edge bell timbres synth. Color would be green/yellow.

LOL - you left off ONE thing.. 

2elt6jl.jpg

:P

• Like 1

Very nice Scott. and thank you AlenK, a great episode. Will ithe XW-A-Pig come with an optional white or almond porcelain sink? Looks like you added the Grok mini keys or CZ-101. Add custom "skins" we have a winner.  I have another post about (seriously) adding some more piano felt to the bottom of the keybed-it hits pretty hard and I've done this mod on a few other instruments-76 and 88 ones no less. I already took off the little plastic strips underneath the XW, but this only allows partial key access, I guess for cleaning. I will be tearing mine apart soon and trying to do the mod-I will post pictures for anyone interested as I like the key action, but it seems to have very little padding at the bottom of the key travel, normal for a synth but after time I can see broken keys if one is a heavy-handed player, or you play with closed fists. Or your elbows.

• Like 1