Video Files on Forum ×

Android App

hempelr

Hi at all,

I'm verry interestet to buy a Px-5s. In the moment it seems to be a Problem to deliver it in small numbers to my local Dealer, but this only atthe border...

Is there meanwhile a android app to use similar as had used byRalf Maten ob Musikmesse in Frankfurt?

He said that one would come with delivery of the Px in germany.

Because I also wold buy a XW-P1 the same question for that. I never ever will buy an pitted apple device, and therfore it wold be necessary, that android would also possible.

Dunno about the PX-5S but the Editor for the XW-P1 that runs under windows also runs under Wine in Linux.  Then of course there's also the Apple version.

My understanding though, is that Android has troubles with communicating with MIDI devices.  Latency and whatnot I suppose.  Anyway, until they work the bugs out of the kernel and the hardware you won't be seeing a lot of Android apps for MIDI anytime soon.

For the time being, your choices are Windows, Apple and Linux, though it may be possible we'll see some apps for Windows 8 Surface tablets someday.  I doubt Microsoft is standing still on this stuff though I really don't know how well Surface Tablets perform with MIDI.  I'm going to do some Googling after signing out of this message and I'd suggest you do the same. ;)

Gary

• Like 2