step sequenser steps and solo ballance

AndreiR

Hi everybody!

I created tracks with step sequencer as would-be a background. Now I'm trying to play solo "on the fly" with this background. I press TONE to choose different instruments for soloing, and all instruments sound MUCH louder than my background. All my sequencer tracks' volume are at or around 100%. What do I do wrong? How do I achieve balance? 

It's XW-G1.

Thank you for your help!

• Like 2

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you have to set the individual parts' volumes in the Mixer control and then save it as a performance. Changing the tone changes the performance parameters so I think you'd have to save with the new tone as a new performance.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you have to set the individual parts' volumes in the Mixer control and then save it as a performance. Changing the tone changes the performance parameters so I think you'd have to save with the new tone as a new performance.

Thank you Happyrat1 for your reply! As you suggested, I saved my sequence as a performance. Now I go through the instruments for soloing and they all sound just MUCH MUCH louder than the sequenced background I created. Every new instrument has to be adjusted volume-wise. And why should it be such big difference between those in the first place? Something obviously not right here.

Alright, I got it. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
So in the Perform mode, one shouldn't use Tone to select an instrument -- it will render in ungodly loud sound, and it might heart your ears!

Instead one has to use Up or Down arrows to choose a Zone, and then go to Edit menu and in the Zone Param > Ent, change an instrument for soloing, and choose Volume for that instrument. 

Is that right?