Detune knob in Performance mode?

Peter

I use mostly HexLayer sounds, and the detune would be for them. In Tone mode, detune is assigned to Knob 2. Also if I layer three more sounds in performance, is there a way to detune them all at once in Preformance mode?  

Am I blind or there is no way of assigning Detune to one of the knobs in Performance mode? There are a lot of assignable controls to knobs, many of them blank, but I can't find detune. 

You can get the Hex Layer detune parameter assigned to a knob in Performance mode by using the NRPN for it. 

Assign a knob to NRPN, then hit Enter to set it.  Set MSB to 062, LSB to 023, and Send Data to MSB, and it should work!  Making sure that knob is enabled for the Hex Layer zone, of course. 

It would be cool if Hex Layer detune was available as a choice directly, but this does work.  The NRPN stuff comes in handy in Performance mode especially for Solo Synth sounds (most or all the parameters are controllable by NRPNs.)  The info is in the MIDI implementation manual.  Where I downloaded it from I don't remember offhand, but it was from some Casio site somewhere.  :)

• Like 1