Video Files on Forum ×

What exactly is Audio-in for?

illatis

Hi,

For example I have used the Audio-In to record a Mp3 Song which came from my smartphone on the USB stick. (YES, it samples the Audo IN Signal to a WAVE file on the USB stick!)

Then I was able to play the redorded Song  during the exercise hour with my band without putting a cable to the PX5S and looking for a place to put the phone on.

The Signal on the Audio-In goes through the equalizer and compressor (of the PX5S) to the Audio-Out and will be mixed to the internal sounds.

If you use an external MIDI Expander, you do not need a mixer.

The Output of both devices will be under control of ONE Level knob for you  and you will only need one (stereo) cable to the main band mixer.

Ralf

The Inputsignal must have LINE Level. A Microphone does not provide this much higher level.

You have to use a preamp.This will help you to adjust the level of the voice.

Under special conditions you are able to use the Audio In with a dynamic microphone.

It is not made for microphone input, and the internal sounds must be lowered.

I would not recommend such configuration, but it will work as as workarround if there temporary is no pre-amplifier present.

- test a dynamic microphone which needs no phantom power.

- put it to the left audioinput (L/Mono) to have it centered.

- press SYS- Settings and select Generator and then "External Volume" : Here turn it to 127 (maximum)

- press exit until you can edit the volume of your sound.

- If the mic can be heard, but is still to silent in comparison to the sound you play, then try to reduce the volume of your sound

- For this you also use the stageSetting Edit meno or Mixer menu which you find on "SYS-Settings Generator and then select "Mixer Part 1-16":

- There you have to adjust the "Volume" of the used parts (1-4 ore more if you use the Songsequencer) to a low value.

-> In my case i had to turn it down from 127 to about 30 to have about the same level as the microphone.

Again: It is not recomended, because you have to edit each stage setting for 1 - 4 Zones, but glad to know it is possible.

There maybe products on the market like a DI-Box which transform the low mic level to a higher. But normally you need an active preamp.

Ralf