Video Files on Forum ×

Few Sequencer Questions.

Mihajlo

Hi, guys. I just bought XWG1. Loving the sounds, loving the general idea.

I also come from FL Studio and Electribe MX way of working, which are way simpler to grasp then XW series. I dont say its a bad thing, just saying it will be hard for me for some time to change the way my mind is thinking about synths/workstations. So, be sure i'll stick around here alot. :) Also, i noticed on this forum, that i am not the only one having problems to get into that manual ( i was afraid i am getting dumber:)).

Ok, here are the questions.

When i go to mixer in step seq. mode, i can choose my sounds for my parts. But i cant choose any Solo Synth patch to be sequenced. Am i missing something or it is really not possible to sequence Solo Synth??

One more... if i am in a performance mode, and i have, for example, three sequence parts running (synths), how do i control their parameters live (like cutoff, reverb etc.), while they are running?? Cause it seems i can do this only with the sound that is selected in the tone mode for play on a keyboard. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Mr. Martin! Glad you are back!

I just wish it said in the manual : "Hey, if you want a sequence the Solo Synth, change the Solo track to channel 1!"

As you will (or you already have) notice, i am totally new (three weeks) user, and i am constantly bragging about XW G1 manual, here on the forum. And i am not the only one.

You can make me feel more comfort, if you just say that you ARE aware of manual's bad reputation and that someone in Casio is doing something about it.

I don't want to sound like i am critisizing (which i already probably do), but i think we all need your toughts on it.

Thanks! Without you, all would be lost :).