Manual.

Mihajlo

I agree. The XWs are not just good keyboards for the pros, they are maybe the best keyboards for synth beginners (like me :) ). And this manual is not that beginner friendly. I didn't even dare to touch the sequencer for almost a year since I bough my P1, because I didn't really understood what is the manual telling me. Then I just started to tweak the sequencer on my own and I think I made good progress (although, there is still a lot to learn), all without the manual. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

a late follow-up for newbies (or anyone here). Years back you would have to get and learn to work a hardware sequencer and connect it to a synthesizer most of which could only play one sound at a time. Further back you had to use patch cords to " create" one synth sound at a time, and you couldn't store it to memory (there wasn't any). Then multitrack synthesizers came out which allowed many sounds to be recorded and layered for full orchestrations but you would still need a separate hardware recorder to input and record your playing, plus a sequencer if you wanted automated playback (three pieces of equipment). Then sampled sounds were added to synthesizers (a whole new technology). And recorders were added to synthesizers....and sequencers. and most instruments could only crudely imitate true Hammond B and C-3 sounds, pianos, etc.  It took years for sound designers to come up with sounds for each synthesizer and years to figure out how to do this!  Try to realize-this one "cheap" Casio instrument has all this in one box-as if you had 3-4 instruments glued together and several of them could play completely independently plus they can record themselves like robots whew! No wonder the manual isn't very good-it has to explain multiple technologies and how to integrate these into one piece of equipment. Check out some of my pro board manuals that are 300-400 pages long-it's like studying to pass the bar exam or how to build a computerized rocket ship! So hang in there anyone having trouble...there's a reason!