To Mike Martin: Wish list for future Casio WK (workstation keyboard)

• 2 weeks later...

For the line WK would be good :
1 - Latin Drum Kits
2 - Edit some adjustments in real time how to increase volume on Bass
3 - Parametric equalizers for timbres and rhythms
4 - Separate sync stop button
5 - Button Fills separate
6 - Polyphony 128 would be good
7 - At least 4 one touch preset writeable by style
8 - Read MP3 files play on Audio
9 - Menu buttons on the side of the display to call User Tones
10-4 variations of styles ( ABCD )
11 - HEX- Layer
12 Another type fingered in Style and recognize that he sounded a note and only she , very practical for inversions bass
13 - And why not a button for manual bass
14 - In exchange for Style as you play the course was not changed ( bpm )
15 - ADSR dedicated buttons ]
16 - tuning the parts battery
17 - Button for style break and reset
18 - Reduce shortcuts and put dedicated button as an example of the transpose

I know this list is not great I got in the merit of placing Sampler function loops because there would be leaving to another level keyboard but is a good overview for competition with other brands .

• Like 1

i bought a WK7600 a few weeks ago, i joined a soul band and my old roland E16 wasnt really up to the job. first time as a keyboard player in a band (allways played guitar or bass in bands before).and i'm on a steep learning curve, first gig comming in april this year! i've allways played a bit of piano but i cant really call myself a pianist, i do know where all the chords are but i couldnt solo even if my life depended on it!

but it's early days .

what i have noticed about the WK7600 so far is the polyphonie only aplies to the keys you havnt allready pressed, with the roland i could get a psudo-hammond-rotary sound for a few seconds by repressing a few keys while i had the sustain pedle pressed and pressing the vibrato button at the same time, you know for those moments where the organ sounds really comes through an the leslies sound like they are wizzing for all they are worth. the drawbar organ sound is alot better with the casio though overall.

the other thing i would have on my wish list is making the rotary effect fast or slow being assigned to an effects pedal, you can assighn the drums to it!

i have discoverd that if, in the tone editor you apply the rotary to say slow 80 fast 100 and then apply the rotary button to 'slow speed' then choose a speed of say 90 then apply the modulation button to 'on fast off slow' you get 3 speeds of leslie available. i've set one drawbar user tone up to this. so if in a song the drawbars organ is sounding out at some point i can press the mod button and the rotary whizzes up to 100, and slows down again when i let go, i can speed the whole lesie up to 90 with the rotary button and still have some speed left to increase if i need to. works best with the acell rotary set to max and the decell not on max. but as with the above the crucial seconds when you reach over for the mod button are a pain, if it was on the pedal it would be great.

Make the sliders programmable like in the PX-5s.

Then you'd have one heck of a super-light 76 key keyboard.

While I'm at it, I'll add to my wish list:

A 76 key version of the PX-5S. Then you'd have the greatest weighted action keyboard ever made, and at somewhere around 20 lbs.! Put me down for 2 of them! (-:

• 2 weeks later...

Strogoff

See my response to your post of today over in the CTK/WK/LK General Discussion sub-forum:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5061-markers/?view=getlastpost

We need to move this conversation over there anyway, as this really has nothing to do with suggestions to Mike Martin for improvement of future CTK/WK keyboards.  This conversation has kind of hijacked the intent of his original post.  I wonder if the admins can transfer the bulk of this over to the other sub-forum to kind of reset this one back to the originally intended topic ?  Maybe we need to merge these posts with the corresponding posts from the thread in the General Discussion Forum and put them into a new thread - still in the WK-7500/7600 Forum, but just to get them out of Mike's "Wish List" thread here.

• 1 month later...

I've just one suggestion for the CTK series wish list:

- Vox Continental tone.

I've bought a CTK-7200 instead of the Yamaha equivalent just for the great Hammond organ drawbar tone, but I would really love to have a good quality Vox Continental tone be able to play songs by The Doors, The Monkees, and several other sixties bands without having to use somebody's patch, that sound should be available on every keyboard by default, specially one sounding like the organ at "Light My Fire".

Furthermore, if it could have available (and separated from those on the Hammond) the 4 original Vox drawbars as with the Hammond in the CTK7200, that would be really amazing. I really can't believe how the 7200/7600 can have 820 tones but not the classic Vox Continental tone...

I am not a computer techie, I don't use any music software, I just play the WK-7500 as a keyboardist, practice everyday and have 2 gigs a week as a one man band. I don't understand any of the stuff you are all talking about, I wish I could, but am way too old for that. I do know music and how to play it. I have exhausted all the functions on the WK-7500 and I am still loving it. Now here are my small wishes:

1. A numerical pad: I have 54 midi files I used at my gigs. It is a beast trying to get to the right one using the - or + buttons. I am constantly re-arranging my SD card depending on the gig that is coming up

2. The ability to change rhythm volumes on the fly. Some styles are louder or softer then others and a one for all adjustment is just not working well

3. The ability to change individual volumes on the fly when layering without going to the mixer

4. 128 polyphony would be nice

5. A better music stand. The current one is too flimsy. I have to use a regular stand alone one

6. A few more buttons to the right of the layer/octave button that you can program with different sounds (Layer/octave etc) rights now I am using the Banl Registration buttons to switch quickly between voices, very tricky and can be disasterous

7. Any update by Casio will be appreciated. You feel abandoned once you buy the keyboard. This forum is great, but is Casio listening?

Now, quit comparing the WK-7500 and other Casio keyboards to Yamahas, Rolands, Korgs and others. If you want better and or more, than you should buy one of these. But, as I have experienced with both Yamaha and Roland, they have their drawbacks too. Plus, they are very expensive. The WK-7500/7600 or 7200 fits the bill for most musicians. We just want to play music and expect the keyboard to help us do that at a reasonable price, light weight and not too many features that will never be used.

Stay happy!

Gerry

• Like 1

I am not a computer techie, I don't use any music software, I just play the WK-7500 as a keyboardist, practice everyday and have 2 gigs a week as a one man band. I don't understand any of the stuff you are all talking about, I wish I could, but am way too old for that. I do know music and how to play it. I have exhausted all the functions on the WK-7500 and I am still loving it. Now here are my small wishes:

1. A numerical pad: I have 54 midi files I used at my gigs. It is a beast trying to get to the right one using the - or + buttons. I am constantly re-arranging my SD card depending on the gig that is coming up

2. The ability to change rhythm volumes on the fly. Some styles are louder or softer then others and a one for all adjustment is just not working well

3. The ability to change individual volumes on the fly when layering without going to the mixer

4. 128 polyphony would be nice

5. A better music stand. The current one is too flimsy. I have to use a regular stand alone one

6. A few more buttons to the right of the layer/octave button that you can program with different sounds (Layer/octave etc) rights now I am using the Banl Registration buttons to switch quickly between voices, very tricky and can be disasterous

7. Any update by Casio will be appreciated. You feel abandoned once you buy the keyboard. This forum is great, but is Casio listening?

Now, quit comparing the WK-7500 and other Casio keyboards to Yamahas, Rolands, Korgs and others. If you want better and or more, than you should buy one of these. But, as I have experienced with both Yamaha and Roland, they have their drawbacks too. Plus, they are very expensive. The WK-7500/7600 or 7200 fits the bill for most musicians. We just want to play music and expect the keyboard to help us do that at a reasonable price, light weight and not too many features that will never be used.

Stay happy!

Gerry

Geria About what you wrote ...

1-NUMERIC PAD would even ensencial

2 - A serious failure in CTK / WK at Roland E-50 I edit sounds playing with the rhythm in real time in the events.

3-So I edit every rhythm to the factory for user styles.

4-128 is good polyphony

6-This has mellowed since I had no keyboard is brand that is comes with good bookshelf.

7-A brand stands for much assistance after purchase.

I am onboard with Geria on these-most current keyboards still don't seem to have 2 essential features too well under control-I seem to remember some manufacturer made a midi-enabled alphanumeric keypad for all the instruments that 1) didn't allow immediate access to any given sound I may need without having to think it through and 2) immediate access to any sequence/midi or otherwise I might need. My last live gig required on-the-fly switches to organs, pianos, strings, brass, woodwinds and synth sounds, quickly and at perfectly balanced levels to compete with the guitars and drums.  Doing 4 sets a night, 10-20 songs a set jukebox speed I had no time to think about how I was going to switch to the oboe sound in "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" to the string section to the distorted organ immediately in "DooWahDiddy" to the piano intro in "Runaway", etc. I needed 3 keyboards just to have my settings cued up ahead of time since I didn't have time to hit 2-3 buttons let alone go into a "menu" just to find the Hammond weaselfart setting I needed for "Circus-Clown Polka" after "Dancing in the Streets": brass/orchestra hook intro into falling asleep during the songs I had nothing but piano to play (but usually with an organ part doubled since many Motown and pop stuff used both in production if only as pads.) OK I made up Circus-Clown Polka but it could have happened. and if Casio put all these features together, you'd have to start making switches with your nose and other bodily protuberences, which again might be where we're headed. No wonder DJs have taken over. ;)

Thanks for being onboard Jokeyman!  Thanks for sharing your gyrations during a recent gig. Believeme, I know how you feel.

The one keyboard I owned that had a numerical pad was the Yamaha YPG-525. Good 88 keys, but lousy rhythm styles, but too big to bing to a gig. I'm with you when it comes to DJs. The public demands the same sound as the originals they hear on the radio or their IPods, there is no way we can do this on any keyboard. Just for fun I played a popular song through the audio port of the WK-7500 with my smart phone, lip synced and plunked some chords. I was praised to be such a great musician. Figures!  :lol:

• 3 months later...

Nwebie here,  had a 7600 for aweek, and it gruesome to play and change voicing on the fly without writing song registrations to the user reg memory banks, then you have to write down the numbers to remember which song you've put where.

It is completely none user friendly not to be able to change layer and split tones ( UPP1 /2 ) on the fly when playing. Using layer with split is a disaster because you have to cancel the split and the layer to change your UPP1 voicing which is utter madness.