Local Control

egw

With the midi setting Local Control set to "off", the manual says this disables the sound engine. Will the PX-5S respond to external midi received when in this state? (this is how most synthesizers work and is the best way to use with an external sequencer.) I don't have my PX-5S yet to test.

With the midi setting Local Control set to "off", the manual says this disables the sound engine. Will the PX-5S respond to external midi received when in this state? (this is how most synthesizers work and is the best way to use with an external sequencer.) I don't have my PX-5S yet to test.

Another analogy for "local control" is: Keybed on/off.  This is the keyboard equivalent of "lip syncing" with a piano instead of vocal.

Yeah, I know... the wrath of Wayne et al ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that the local on/off setting is not saved when power is off. So I have to reset it every time I turn on the PX-5S (I need to use local =off in my studio). The other midi system settings are saved. Am I missing something, or is this intentional? Or maybe it is a bug that can be fixed?

I can reproduce that. It is not a bug, it's a feature ;-) It was the same on all my Privia Pianos before.

But on the PX5S you can program "Generator off" for each Zone. This will have the same effect, and is accessible via one key.

Now with this configuration the StageSetup does not sound. If you want to use it for the internal sound, you must not reprogramm the StageSetting, you can simply connect MIDI OUT to MIDI In. The only restriction is, that some parameters (reverb, pan, chorus) will not be send via MIDI.

Excellent! Generator off seems to work just like Local off, except that it is saved with the setup (as it should be).

As far as I can tell, all of the parameters (even non-midi) can still be controlled with the sliders and knobs.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Excellent! Generator off seems to work just like Local off, except that it is saved with the setup (as it should be).

As far as I can tell, all of the parameters (even non-midi) can still be controlled with the sliders and knobs.

Thanks!

I tried it with Generator OFF. It works, but...

...But I can only control the four zones assigned channels, but not the other twelve About the STAGE SETS.

Am I wrong here?

The way I see it, I can get all 16 channels only on the SYS SETTINGS on or off and of course my STAGE SETS must plan accordingly and assign the channels that I leave turned on here.

The last state of that SYS SETTINGS is not stored at power down.

Any ideas?