Video Files on Forum ×

Import midi file for phrase?

maarkr

I thought I'd be able to do this in the data editor or to save the file thru the computer?   Need a few hints on getting my midi files as phrases into the XW?  I did this on my Juno-G...

Edit...

OK learning curve...
Figured out how to play the mid file... SETTING + WRITE ,  SMF [ENT] , scroll thru files and play using the START/STOP.
Only problem is you can't edit the mid for tempo or octave, and the tone must be selected beforehand, and it didn't sound like it had any effects?

To load data from the card, they must be the Z** extension... a mid file can be loaded into a step sequencer chain, but must be a .zph extension for a phrase.

Later... Success!  Hooked up the Computer-Instrument USB. Loaded the CASIO Data Editor up.  You have to put the mid files in the User Data Folder Path in Preferences.  Then they show up in the Transfer...Phrase selection.  You then drag them over to a User preset. Select the performance or tone where you want to assign the phrase.  Hold down the PHRASE SEQ Key Play Select button and select your User preset.  Be sure to then set the proper tempo and then SAVE the Performance if you want that phrase as the default file when u press the PHRASE SEQ Play/Stop. 

Hope this helps someone.  My next challenge:   I'd like to see posts from people who use other devices to trigger performances or tones on the XW.  I want to trigger it from my iPad or Korg KP3.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1