Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Songs List Editor

Peamur

Hello,

I'am a happy owner of Casio Privia PX-350 and I've created a small application, with which I can create, load or save lists with songs. So I can know, which "TAKEXX" is which song and where this song is coming from. This application can also prepare the list for the piano (MP3-Files will be renamed and converted to WAV).

Windows: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34830528/CSE/CSE.zip

Linux (tested on ubuntu 32 bit): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34830528/CSE/CSE_L.zip

The basics:
- choose a folder and you will get a list of mp3/wav files to choose from
- drag the file into the table to the right
- save the list
- choose the target drive (or folder)
- adjust the gain level correction to make the wav-file not so loud. Value "0" means - no gain controll will be applied. Gain control is applied both in mp3 and in wav Mode.
- click "PROC" to copy mp3 files to the target folder. Files will be renamed according to the table. In the "MP3"-Mode the files will be converted to the WAV (free sox-software ist used). The list will be stored in the folder with WAV files (I don't know, if it's a problem. Does Privia recognise other then WAV-files in the folder?). The processing may take time.
- You can insert the flash drive with the created "AUDIO" folder into your digital piano.

Read "readme.rtf" for more information.
Read "installation.txt" for more information! Default installation folder in Windows: "D:\CSE".

How to playback on the piano:

WARNING: Always reduce the volume of your piano to the minimum before you start, so that if the volume is too high, you won't damage your speakers!

- Insert the flash drive
- Press "Audio Recorder" - wait until the drive is mounted
- Press Function and Audio Recorder at the same time
- Choose the song (press Exit, if you're happy with the chosen song)
- Press Play/Stop to playback the song and play piano

Please check it out, if it works for you and say your opinion!

UPDATE:
- The new version allows to correct the gain (-25 is the default) to make playing the sounds from the piano audible during the playback of wav-file. You can adjust the gain.
- You can also generate a bat-file only to edit it. After you press "process" a bat-file is generated and won't be started ('process.bat' in the application folder). You can edit it and then start it manually.
- Target folder menu has been edited - you can choose manually any folder.

If you find a better conversion parameters for sox (or some other tool), let me know. The current conversion limits the volume and changes the frequency.

"Casio" is a registered trademark of Casio Corp. Please tell me, if I should remove "Casio" from the application name.

post-1659-0-41943400-1373277895_thumb.jp

Edited by Peamur
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou for this application.

I have one suggestion. The gain which is required by the PX350 is vvery low when compared to the gain which the normal mp3 files which we usually have. Is there a way in which the gain of the TAKEXX.wav file can be modified during conversion? If the volume is this high, the playing will not be audible.

I would be interested in testing the program if it is available for linux.

Thankyou again.

Hey, thank you for this suggestion! I will add an option to include the gain correction (user will be able to set a custom correction, so that everyone can set it as she whishes). The conversion tool can do pretty anything with the wave files, so it's not a problem.

I'll try to create a linux app too.

• Like 1

Hi,

during my first attempt I knew already, that the volume can be too high, so I started with a very low volume.

I've added a warning in the description, so that everyone knows about it. (The warning is also in the manual for the piano).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...