Video Files on Forum ×

Drawbar Organ mode with a SPLIT keyboard

The CTK7000/WK7500 must be in Drawbar Organ mode in order for the drawbar sliders to work, but PRESSING the SPLIT button pulls it out of Drawbar Organ mode, so you lose the drawbar function of the sliders. However, AFTER you have selected an UPPER voice and AFTER you have pressed the SPLIT button, you can press the Drawbar Organ button to select that as the LOWER tone and you have full Drawbar Organ functionality complete with active drawbar sliders for the lower voice. You will need to use the LAYER/OCTAVE button to shift the lower tone up a couple of octaves and adjust the volume balance of the upper and lower tones. Has anyone figured out how to do a SPLIT and keep the UPPER voice in Drawbar Organ mode.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Ted,

I was intrigued by your question even though it's been out there for a while.   My original thoughts would be to split the keyboard and have the lower split be the lower manual on an organ and the upper split the upper manual of an organ.   

Combine that with a set of organ pedals and you would have a complete 2 manual drawbar organ!   (Moog makes a pedal multi voice synth with analog, digital, midi outputs-$$$) 

What you describe is exactly what happens no matter what order you key in the drawbar tones.   The drawbar controls as well as the rotary speaker control ends up on the lower split.  Then when you layer up the top side, the drawbar organ really sounds awful.   In drawbar mode, you only have a 21 note polyphonic as opposed to 64 note for the keyboard in regular mode.

That limitation of 21 notes along with splitting and layering, the keyboard has got to be running out of gas at that point.   I tried saving a few user tone drawbars to throw into the mix with no luck either.   It would be slick if there was a way to accomplish this.  

Josh

WK-7500

CTK-900

Hammond 143

Leslie 145

• 5 months later...

The wk7000's 7600  is not allowing independent control over part 1 and 2 voices when in layer mode, its a pain in the arse. On the wk8000 you can use the left and right arrow buttons to toggle the parts and thus change your voicing without cancelling the layer first.

Software programming for nerds if you ask me